BB long exhaust WANTED

Business, Dealers, Vendors, etc, ads only.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

BB long exhaust WANTED

Post by CanuckHoss »

My customer in Mexico that bought the 2008 502 from me is looking to quiet the Beast a bit.

I was thinking that the longer exhaust with slip-ons would be a good solution.

Any out there for sale??
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Paul H

Re: BB long exhaust WANTED

Post by Paul H »

Have you suggested to him, baffles??? I have used
them with steel wool in front of them to get my
bike through DE. inspection. Worked every time.

Have you tried the Vanquish guy down in Marko Island FL??? Mike Kelly??? IF anyone might have them he would.

Paul H
Swiss V8

Post by Swiss V8 »

CanuckHoss wrote:My customer in Mexico that bought the 2008 502 from me is looking to quiet the Beast a bit.

I was thinking that the longer exhaust with slip-ons would be a good solution.

Any out there for sale??
I rented mine out to a new BB owner in Switzerland. He did not want to buy the 'legal' ones but needet them to get the bike licensed.

Mexico is just a bit too far away, and I still need them every 2 years...
The long pipes with original mufflers are really quiet. Too quiet in my opinion. :umno:
Go for baffles in the short pipes! :what_he_said:
Martin

BHRA President Europe
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Chatted with him again today and he is going for Factory setup long BB pipes with SB cat / baffled slip-on mufflers.

I don't think he is that much of a BB guy as he is asking about a different cam that would take the shake out of it at idle...hmmmm...to each their own.
CanuckHoss

GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

Glad you got the business but I can't help thinking he has an odd outlook on BHs. Well - to do a cam detune to a 502 - why?

Why buy factory long pipes and cats/ mufflers for use in Mexico? Unless it's for his hearing.

I would recommend the much cheaper standard long pipes and fitting twin exhaust tips to each for and slipping in 4 x decibel killers with wool packed around - they'll do the trick and the 4 end tips will not restrict the exhuast gas too much. Mine were very effective - that's why they are in my garage until my annual test comes round :) .
Gordon from England
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

GordonBH wrote:Glad you got the business but I can't help thinking he has an odd outlook on BHs. Well - to do a cam detune to a 502 - why?

Why buy factory long pipes and cats/ mufflers for use in Mexico? Unless it's for his hearing.

I would recommend the much cheaper standard long pipes and fitting twin exhaust tips to each for and slipping in 4 x decibel killers with wool packed around - they'll do the trick and the 4 end tips will not restrict the exhuast gas too much. Mine were very effective - that's why they are in my garage until my annual test comes round :) .
In the end he went with the BB long pipes and going to put the catted mufflers on the end...he may have bought the wrong bike.
CanuckHoss

GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

He bought the bike he wanted and who wouldn't be wooed by a BB?

If I could have got a hold of one at the right time and got it through our testing regime I would but my SS has been a dream so on reflection I bought the right bike. I'm not a big guy so the SS is the right size and weight, and I'm happy with the eye-blurring acceleration the 385cam gives me.
Gordon from England
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

GordonBH wrote:He bought the bike he wanted and who wouldn't be wooed by a BB?

If I could have got a hold of one at the right time and got it through our testing regime I would but my SS has been a dream so on reflection I bought the right bike. I'm not a big guy so the SS is the right size and weight, and I'm happy with the eye-blurring acceleration the 385cam gives me.

I was never ever unhappy with any SB I owned....but then I rode my first BB....then I knew what the other world was like...two pretty different motorcycles.

I love the extra weight of the 502 bikes and the extra length. I found the 502 bikes to be the best handling and riding on the highway.
CanuckHoss