Road Trip

well-almost anything, wear your colors inside, we don't care.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
Anna

Road Trip

Post by Anna »

Since I have a lot of time this winter and I like Kimi a lot I decided to start a little road trip with him. If somebody is planning on traveling with Finish people some day, the following story might be helpful ;)

Kim and a friend picked me up in a town called Göttingen, near my place, Sunday night. We had 550 km (about 350 miles) to go to pick up the bus in the Allgäu.

We planned on finding a hotel near there and go pick up the bus next day about 11.00.
Finally we spent the night (means 1 hour of sleep) in our own little cozy hotel...

When the company opened we went over there and had a first look at the bus. Someone explained everything to Kim (I translated). For example how to open the front door... Quote Kim: So, if I lock it, I can not open it anymore!?! :lol:

The first drive was kind of scary... :shock: I was glad one of the nice mechanics was with us to explain the weird gear. But finally even I got it! (I think maybe faster than Kim ;) )

When we finally were on the highway to Würzburg we realized the nice guy refilled the water for the windshield wiper but didn't tell us how to use it! So we were able to use the wipers but there was no water anywhere.... We pushed nearly EVERY fuckin' button in the cockpit of the bus (quote anna: would you please stop to honk the horn!?!) till I (!!!!!!!!!!!!!) finally found out the way to get water on the windshield.
Now we were able to see something again and on our way to pass every truck we could find!

Kim even found a police car to pass!!!!!
And accidently opened the drivers door while we were on the highway :o

The longer we were driving the more I liked the bus. It's not the worst way to travel

When we came to Würzburg I thought it would be a good idea to ask for the way to the next hotel at the first gas station so we don't have to drive through the hole city with this huge bus..... The lady told me it would be very easy to find a hotel if we go... blah, blah, blah... Of course, we lost our way after a minute :lol: If you ever need a guide be sure not to ask me!!!!
So we drove around in Würzburg for an hour before we found the place we wanted to go. Let me tell you, it's not easy to find a parking place for a double decker bus...
At least every bus driver we meet said hi to us :)

After this odyssey I wanted to have Pizza somewhere! So we left the hotel to go to the city and find some Pizza... We found out we were walking in the totally wrong direction when I asked a very nice gay guy for the way :-)
So it took us forever to go to the center of Würzburg and we walked around there for at least 30 minutes trying to find a place that has Pizza. Finally we decided to go to Pizza Hut! So we had A LOT of Pizza there....
On our way back to the hotel we passed 5 Pizza places in 3 minutes!!! :roll:

Unfortunately our trip brought us back to Göttingen earlier than planned cause I had to go home fast cause my mum had to go to the hospital Monday night (no need to worry, she's ok again). We drove up there on Thuesday already...

As the 'perfect' closure of my part of the trip the bus wouldn't start anymore at the place a friend from home picked me up from near the highway... So we tried to find someone who knows about busses cause we were pretty sure it was Kims fault :)
Finally it came out that there was some dirt in the fuel filter... so no need to blame poor Kimi!

If anybody ever gets the chance to travel with finish people! Don't hesitate to do it! It will be an adventure for sure! :D

We made a very nice 'finger'-pic for WM but it's out of focus :(

Everybody stay save!
anna

Ps to Kim: If I missed an important detail I hope you add it :)
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Re: Road Trip

Post by SRF »

Glad to hear you all had a great trip :D Why did you let Kim fill the bus with dirty fuel :?:

Shane
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Anna , what is this bus used for , is it some kind of a double decker Motor Home ??

Jack
AR

Post by AR »

Cool report Anna! I hear the reason Kimi wanted the bus was to use the engine in his new 2 wheeler project. Looking forward to the updates on that Kimi.

AR.

btw, whats all that white stuff on the ground?
Anna

Post by Anna »

It was used for getting tourists to sights or citys in europe.
In the future the upper floor will be a garage for racing cars... Hope Kim will send some pics of that!

anna
ImageHasselfelde/Harz Germany
Boom Boom & Rockstar

Post by Boom Boom & Rockstar »

Anna, Great story..But WildMan told me Kim was going to use the bus to haul his girls as he is leaving his job and becoming a pimp..Boom
Puff

Post by Puff »

I rode in a bus like K.P.'s when I was in Paris, France in summer 2008.
I just wish King Piss woulda been my driver, and Anna woulda been
my tour guide! :mrgreen:
Great story, Anna! 8-)

Puff
Bill Van Sant

hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

That sure is a nice bus . It looks like the bottom floor has a cook stove and the tables are nice . What a nice bus to take to the races . Park it on the infield and you could cook , eat , sleep and have a great dry upper observation/party deck . 8-)

Jack
Steve Taylor

Post by Steve Taylor »

You know how to show a girl a good time Kim ;)
Anna

Post by Anna »

Yes, there even was a microwave :-)
Would be a lot of fun to travel with a bus like this more than just a few days!
A lot of space in there!
And I guess an observation deck could be very useful at the races... :geek:
Swiss V8

Post by Swiss V8 »

I first thought Kim will convert it into a workingplace for Boss Hoss on the lower floor and a camper on the upper deck.

How are the cars getting upstairs? :?:
Martin

BHRA President Europe
Anna

Post by Anna »

I think they are planning on an elevator... I don't fuckin' know how that should work. you know I'm no good for tech talk :)