KISS: End of the Road World Tour

well-almost anything, wear your colors inside, we don't care.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
The Mindless Philosopher

KISS: End of the Road World Tour

Post by The Mindless Philosopher »

Yep. I'm one of THOSE (a KISS fan). My honey and I had a blast at their February 7th 2019 final concert in San Diego, California. Well worth it IMHO! We didn't ride there. We took the cage instead. Too cold in the mountains between here and there and too late at night to want to put up with riding. We got back at 3:30 a.m. Sure, the lineup was similar to their Alive 35 concert back in '09 and likely similar to every other one since at least '79, but it was still the grandest production I think they've ever done. If I had the vacation time and the money, I'd gladly watch the show several more times in other locations. Definitely worth it if you're on the fence!
Greg S

Re: KISS: End of the Road World Tour

Post by Greg S »

I am one of THOSE too. Have been a KISS fan since before they were popular. Cold Gin, 100,000 years, and so on.

What I really like about the band, is that as I got older, and changed, they changed too - and almost always in a way that I liked. Not too many bands have been able to accomplish this. My list of favorite KISS songs is quite long, and spans many years.

With that being said, I have only been to one KISS concert. It was at Blossom, which is an outdoor venue that is near Akron, Ohio. A few quick memories:

1.) During the show, Paul surveyed the crowd about their ages, by a showing of hands. Turns out, that there were at least 6 generations of people in attendance.

2.) The quality of the music was so bad, that sometimes I could not recognize either the chord progressions, or the words to the song. This meant, that sometimes I did not know what song they were playing. I moved to several different places in the venue, and it made very little difference.

3.) Blossom is actually in-between Akron and Cleveland. Cleveland is where the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is located. At one point during the show, Paul shouted out something similar to, "The fans from the city of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame are the best fans in the world! We salute you Pittsburgh!". What you need to know, to fully understand how much of a gaff this was, is that Cleveland and Pittsburgh are known to be arch rivals in almost every way possible. Paul left the crowd speechless.

I Love it Loud!
The Mindless Philosopher

Re: KISS: End of the Road World Tour

Post by The Mindless Philosopher »

HA! Leave it to the Starchild to have a Peter Criss in Dallas moment!

Even so...

Crank up the big V8 and twist the throttle on the War Machine, hang on tight, and Rock and Roll all Nite (and Party Every Day)!