Silly(?) Patch Question

well-almost anything, wear your colors inside, we don't care.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
The Mindless Philosopher

Silly(?) Patch Question

Post by The Mindless Philosopher »

I have a question about wearing a patch on my left shoulder. Here it is:
semi-old-farts.jpg
The patch is about 5 or 6 inches tall. It's pretty big up close. From a distance? It's just a blue diamond.

I am not adding any information as to why I want to wear it because I want as honest of responses as I can get from those who have been around long enough to give me insight.

Some of you might know exactly what I'm asking, some might have no clue, and some likely couldn't care less and wish I were not here wasting your time.

Yea? Nay? Stay away? Live to ride another day?

I asked one local rider who is "in the know." He said no problem, but I could not shake the weird look of concern on his face. It genuinely bothered me. Maybe I'm being paranoid?
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Re: Silly(?) Patch Question

Post by V8Bikers »

I would say if it means something to you, go for it even if others may not know or relate.

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Jack

Post by Jack »

I have some questionable riding apparel as well. When I wear it I’m usually feeling spunky and maybe looking for the attention one might expect.

You would obviously be wearing it for attention, and you know just the attention you’ll get. If that’s what you’re really looking for, then it isn’t a question of whether or not you should.
1998 Wild One Custom - Homebuilt
The Mindless Philosopher

Jack wrote:I have some questionable riding apparel as well. When I wear it I’m usually feeling spunky and maybe looking for the attention one might expect.

You would obviously be wearing it for attention, and you know just the attention you’ll get. If that’s what you’re really looking for, then it isn’t a question of whether or not you should.
This confirms the strange expression that didn't quite match the words. Nothing I didn't already figure out--as you've clearly indicated--I just needed a little extra perspective, I suppose.

I make it a point not to look a certain way. Nothing goes on my back, and I won't wear a civilian kutte (which I realize is technically not a "kutte" if a "civilian" is wearing it), but I do occasionally mingle with all kinds of riders wearing all kinds of apparel, with all kinds of signs and symbols. Certain groups will not approach or say a word to me, and I understand why. I do get introduced occasionally. I enjoy self-expression as much as the next rider, and I have other military symbolism on one particular jacket, but my gut keeps bothering me on this one, so I think I'll leave it alone. Poker runs do not concern me. Random, obscure encounters do.
Last edited by The Mindless Philosopher on Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Mindless Philosopher

Thank you both for your replies.
Jack

Post by Jack »

There is a time and a place for everything man, do what you want to do.
The Mindless Philosopher

I might just carry it in my pocket until I can find out for sure. I will eventually get introduced to someone here who can tell me whether it might likely (or not likely) be misinterpreted and perceived as disrespect by the local dominant. Sure, I could be over-thinking it. I over-think lots of things.

I suppose I should leave it at that.

Thanx again, Jack.
Jack

Post by Jack »

You wouldn't be our resident mindless philosopher if you didn't over-think lots of things - haha.
The Mindless Philosopher

Sho' 'nuff!
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

That patch and the location you said would not cause eyebrows to be raised by those who monitor such things :)
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
The Mindless Philosopher

Thank you. I did have it on my shoulder a while back, but I ripped it off after a little Internet research, just to be sure. I could not find any direct references, though from a distance I figured it could reasonably look like something that it's not. The overall "diamond" shape is what bugged me. Still pretty wet behind the ears regarding the new world I've discovered. The trike has been laid up for repairs so often that I haven't been able to get enough real world exposure to form my own opinions.