Crazy Shit

well-almost anything, wear your colors inside, we don't care.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
Grand Canard

Crazy Shit

Post by Grand Canard »

Yeah a good thing Louisiana plate looks almost like a California plate and he felt like a moron and let you go. On the bright side you have the all time record for speed down Clark Avenue. I doubt anyone's gone over 100 mph. You were doing at least 140. If the cop hadn't red lighted you, you might have even hit 2nd gear. Crazy fucker.
The comment above from Dave Gastoni is in reference to a day back in 2010 when Don Johnson on his 502, Dave Gastoni on his 572, and me on Berzerker were sitting side by side at a redlight on scenic Clark Ave, no cars in front, we were first out the gate when the light would turn green. Dave leans over to me and says “on green, show us what Berzerker can do”. Problem was none of us noticed the fully marked police car sitting directly behind us at the red light light!!
When the light turned, I opened up Berzerker in what was probably an impressive scene for all those bystanders!!
Imagine my shock when getting out of the throttle and seeing flashing cop lights in my rear view mirror!! I endured a 10 minute scream fest from that cop who was almost immediately backed up by several more squad cars. Once the cop finally calmed down and we began chatting, he turned out to be pretty cool. No arrest, no tow away, no bike crushed as is law for drag racing on street, not even a speeding ticket!!

Dave Gastoni lmfao. Ain’t life grand?
Its stories like that when told.........people say bullshit, no way that that’s true. I’ve done a lot of crazy shit in my lifetime and miraculously survived them all without so much as a scratch; recon my day is coming.

True Story: the SWAT team set up a road block just for me and my friends traveling in a van on a countryside backroad , as I rounded a curve imagine my surprise to see a full scale military style roadblock and 8 machine guns pointed at me and more SWAT guys piling in from behind with even more machine guns pointing at us; all was mistaken identity, they thought I was a Terrorist!! I guess the plastic , life sized toy replica uzi sitting on the dashboard must have tipped them off?? Lol even my wife says bullshit, but it’s true. We all, to include the SWAT team had a huge laugh once all clear given.

Just thought I’d share, might provide a laugh or two.
Attachments
0BE06F38-1331-4AB2-9A28-817D0759DA1F.jpeg
603C8251-EEDD-4FCB-8454-F060ED80862D.jpeg

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Re: Crazy Shit

Post by V8Bikers »

Great stories Ricky, thanks for sharing. That was amazing you did not even get a ticket! I, too, have been very lucky and have only been pulled over once since I have been riding Boss’es since 98’ and it was only for riding too close to the center line.

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

I to have only been stopped once on my Boss Hoss since 2000 . The trooper was coming towards me when he turned around ,pulled up behind me and blew his horn so I pulled over . He gets out of his car , walks up to me and says hey , I like your modulating headlight , what a great warning devise , I could see you coming towards me a half mile away , where can I get one for my bike . I thought he was fucking with me so I started to tell him that it was legal and he stopped me and said he knew and seriously want one for his bike . Phew , I had just left a bar after a few beers , it was all good . Never had a DWI and don't need one.
knockdolian

Post by knockdolian »

V8Bikers wrote:Great stories Ricky, thanks for sharing. That was amazing you did not even get a ticket! I, too, have been very lucky and have only been pulled over once since I have been riding Boss’es since 98’ and it was only for riding too close to the center line.
“Riding too close to the centre line. That’s a law breaker in the US? Amazing!!
Jack

Post by Jack »

I have a dashcam in the car now because having the proof is better than having a good story. The life I've lived... I have stories for days. Fortunately I still have great friends and family around who have shared the experiences and can vouch for them.

I passed 2 tractor trailers a couple days ago, was a clean pass, no oncoming traffic, and was in a passing zone. Well, it was a nice day out and the roads were dry, so I let my supercharger eat some nice crisp air as I FLEW past the truckers. As I signaled back into my lane I noticed red lights in front of me, coming in my direction. I immediately began to pull to the right and await the handcuffs that were certainly coming my way... to my surprise, the truck in front of the sheriff decided to pull over to get out of his way - and the sheriff stopped him! It could have been incredible luck that I never even got tagged by radar, or it could have been mistaken identity... but I'm sure the 2 of them would certainly have come to the same conclusion... there was no way that truck was going that fast.
1998 Wild One Custom - Homebuilt
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

“Riding too close to the centre line. That’s a law breaker in the US? Amazing!!

I agree but his excuse was my bars were hanging over the center and he was concerned I would be clipped by another vehicle who might also be too close to the line.

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard