PLEASE READ AND PASS ALONG

well-almost anything, wear your colors inside, we don't care.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
V-MAN

PLEASE READ AND PASS ALONG

Post by V-MAN »

Tired of the anti gun activists led by Bloomberg spreading their lies ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/no ... f9671613a2
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

mmaupin

Re: PLEASE READ AND PASS ALONG

Post by mmaupin »

That is telling!
Regards,

Mark

Paul H

Post by Paul H »

Just like Mr. Trump say, FAKE NEWS.
They're just trying to pad their point.

Gonna ask a question, does anyone
know "why" freedom of gun ownership
is in our constitution ???????????

First correct answer gets nothing.

Paul H
knockdolian

Post by knockdolian »

As a Royal Marines commando vet of 22 years service I cannot understand the gun fascination some people have. What I do understand is, if you made guns illegal in the US tomorrow the bad guys would keep there’s and the nutters in the world still do what they do. It is illegal to carry a knife in the uk. It doesn’t stop people being stabbed. I feel greatly for the families who have lost loved ones. The fact that 18 is not true doesn’t make it any easier for those who have lost loved ones. What’s the answer who knows. The trough I think is there is no answer. All the time there are twisted people in the world there will be tragity.
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

knockdolian wrote:As a Royal Marines commando vet of 22 years service I cannot understand the gun fascination some people have. What I do understand is, if you made guns illegal in the US tomorrow the bad guys would keep there’s and the nutters in the world still do what they do. It is illegal to carry a knife in the uk. It doesn’t stop people being stabbed. I feel greatly for the families who have lost loved ones. The fact that 18 is not true doesn’t make it any easier for those who have lost loved ones. What’s the answer who knows. The trough I think is there is no answer. All the time there are twisted people in the world there will be tragity.

I absolutely feel for the families that lost loved ones in this tragedy. The point is a "broken asshole" will always find a way to hurt themselves and others if that what they choose ... The UK and other parts of the world are seeing an increase of broken assholes getting into a vehicle and running people down on sidewalks. A broken asshole is a broken asshole ... would you like it if they wanted to ban your vehicle? You are right, it has nothing to do with 18 instances or 5 instances what it has to do with is the manipulation and lies to turn public opinion in one direction or another. I don't think anybody has the right to turn a tragedy into a tool to manipulate peoples feelings. The manipulation is the BULL SHIT part I was bringing to light. Don't believe everything you read or hear ...

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Paul H wrote:Just like Mr. Trump say, FAKE NEWS.

Paul H

It's in the constitution because our forefathers were brilliant men and they could see "govt" becoming exactly what it has become ...

knockdolian

Post by knockdolian »

V-MAN wrote:

Paul H

It's in the constitution because our forefathers were brilliant men and they could see "govt" becoming exactly what it has become ...
Couldn’t agree with you more red broken assholes. If good citizens want to own guns and pump holes in things let them. Farmers here have carried shot guns for years and there is a clay range about 5 miles away. Your fourfathers May have been able to foresee future government mentality. What they didn’t see coming was complete but jobs and high validity fully automatic weapons !! As for not believing everything you read, Our government is prone to a fiew lies. Assume everything is a lie and most of the time you won’t be disappointed. Stay safe, all of you
3FOR2

Post by 3FOR2 »

Paul H

So the people can stand up to the government.
Pat.
2013 Pickup, LS3-445 with Hot Cam
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

knockdolian wrote:As a Royal Marines commando vet of 22 years service I cannot understand the gun fascination some people have.
America has always been a gun culture starting from the earliest settlers in the 1500's all the way through the westward expansion to California.
America's founding fathers experienced tyranny first-hand and were determined to establish our new country with a solid foundation that would guarantee the future and civil liberties for all time.
The founders were unable to agree and refused to ratify the US Constitution as presented because they felt it wasn't complete, didn't go far enough; as a result, they amended the Constitution by adding 10 amendments that is known today as the "Bill of Rights", it was only then that the US Constitution was ratified. btw, the ratification and subsequent signing occurred years AFTER we won our independence; was lot's of heated debate and editing lasting years, but eventually everyone agreed and signed / ratified the US Constitution.
The second amendment was the right to keep and bear arms; reason, the people were armed and would easily outnumber and out-gun the government meaning that the people could easily take back the government if required.
Want to know what separates the USA from the rest of the world? Guns, the ultimate symbol of freedom.
Pick any country, most any country in the world and in their history you'll find dictators taking control of governments and the people were powerless to stop it. Best the people could muster was to chunk rocks..... at tanks, at soldiers, and as nearly always was the case, the protesters were slaughtered in the streets. Tinemen Square, Belgrade, Hitler, Pol Pot, Oliver Cromwell, etc etc.
That shit won't happen in the USA; our government is forced, or it's at least in their best interest to mind themselves and remember who actually has the upper-hand.
Rick

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Paul H

Post by Paul H »

3for4, nice short version, YES.

Rick, also right with a great explanation WHY...

Paul H
Ravinsomniac

Post by Ravinsomniac »

And the latest News from the Olympics in South Korea, The United States has just won another Gold Medal in the Whining Competition. Other Countries around the World are envious of our professional whining capabilities.
Ulyssesj

Post by Ulyssesj »

Not to start or pick a fight but if that football coach who was shot, or any other teacher were allowed to have a concealed carry on them while working there may not have been so many fatalities. Maybey not. However if you have the means to fight back and not just be an innocent target why wouldnt you. As sad as it is, if we rely on the police to protect us or our families it would be a much scarier world. Here in Canada our firearms laws are a little more restrictive. That being said, coming into my home in the middle of the night un invited will be dealt with accordingly. Even in Canada, you have the right to protect yourself and your family, and as we all know,history is written by the winners and dead intruders dont have a side to their story. You will get charged, it will cost you some money, but your family will survive.
Ulyssesj
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

If it was known that any teacher could possible be armed would and incident like this even occur at all. If someone is planning an attack but doesn't know how many people are armed and can fight back seems they would be hesitant to go through with it at all.
knockdolian

Post by knockdolian »

SRF wrote:If it was known that any teacher could possible be armed would and incident like this even occur at all. If someone is planning an attack but doesn't know how many people are armed and can fight back seems they would be hesitant to go through with it at all.
Unfortunately that’s how a logical well balanced person thinks. A nut job won’t think like that. The teacher would be the first to take one. Didn’t some US schools have armed marshals and metal detectors a time back ?
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

SRF wrote:If it was known that any teacher could possible be armed would and incident like this even occur at all. If someone is planning an attack but doesn't know how many people are armed and can fight back seems they would be hesitant to go through with it at all.
Shane -

I believe you are 100% correct. I'd go a step further then that. If more citizens exercised their second amendment right and train then society in a whole would be safer. Our highest crime cities and States are the ones with the strictest laws ... I attribute that to exactly what you suggest. Keep the bad guys guessing gives us all an advantage. What I do believe is if you carry then you need to be responsible and also TRAIN!

Don

MOLON LABE

Ulyssesj

Post by Ulyssesj »

And to that end. Remember ifyou do carry, train ,train,train, don’t just carry. Learn how to use your tools and they will do the job when required. Don’t worry about someone touching, taking or accidently getting hold of your ccw, you’ve trained, so you know better. Never carry on an empty chamber. That is an bad situation waiting to happen. Lastly, don’t be afraid to do the right thing because someone thinks firearms are bad. My pistol has never hurt anyone while holstered or locked up. Its a tool, nothing more nothing less folks.
Ulyssesj
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

:what_he_said:
Ulyssesj wrote:And to that end. Remember ifyou do carry, train ,train,train, don’t just carry. Learn how to use your tools and they will do the job when required. Don’t worry about someone touching, taking or accidently getting hold of your ccw, you’ve trained, so you know better. Never carry on an empty chamber. That is an bad situation waiting to happen. Lastly, don’t be afraid to do the right thing because someone thinks firearms are bad. My pistol has never hurt anyone while holstered or locked up. Its a tool, nothing more nothing less folks.
Ulyssesj

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

Ulyssesj wrote:And to that end. Remember ifyou do carry, train ,train,train, don’t just carry. Learn how to use your tools and they will do the job when required. Don’t worry about someone touching, taking or accidently getting hold of your ccw, you’ve trained, so you know better. Never carry on an empty chamber. That is an bad situation waiting to happen. Lastly, don’t be afraid to do the right thing because someone thinks firearms are bad. My pistol has never hurt anyone while holstered or locked up. Its a tool, nothing more nothing less folks.
Ulyssesj

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

The problem I see with any law abiding citizen no matter how well they are trained and no matter how good a shot they are when the time comes and the shit hits the fan are they going to have the willpower and the guts to shoot the gunman . We've all heard stories of people having buck fever when it comes to actually shooting an animal , how will this type of person react when it comes to shooting another human being . I even have my doubts about some cops . I carry and I don't think I would hesitate but so far luckiIy I haven't been put in that situation . Now someone that has actually been in combat I'm sure wouldn't hesitate .
Ulyssesj

Post by Ulyssesj »

hogv8 wrote:The problem I see with any law abiding citizen no matter how well they are trained and no matter how good a shot they are when the time comes and the shit hits the fan are they going to have the willpower and the guts to shoot the gunman . We've all heard stories of people having buck fever when it comes to actually shooting an animal , how will this type of person react when it comes to shooting another human being . I even have my doubts about some cops . I carry and I don't think I would hesitate but so far luckiIy I haven't been put in that situation . Now someone that has actually been in combat I'm sure wouldn't hesitate .
I would somewhat agree. But I defer back to my previous comments. The training. You still need to decide if it is a fight you want to take on or you out matched. Shit happens in a split second and decisions need to be made quickly. Do we all have that in us? Maybe yes, maybe no. We all have to start somewhere,and by taking the first step in acquiring a ccw permit, it says that I MAY be willing to defend my self or my family or whomever, or do nothing at all. The ability and the tools to do something are still present, individual willing. That says something about the person and the reason for the ccw in the first place.
Ulyssesj
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Personally I've never known a teacher that I thought was badass enough to defend my kids . They would have to be brainwashed into pulling the trigger no matter how much actual training and practicing they have . However I would have no problem with a combat vet protecting my kids though .
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

hogv8 wrote:The problem I see with any law abiding citizen no matter how well they are trained and no matter how good a shot they are when the time comes and the shit hits the fan are they going to have the willpower and the guts to shoot the gunman . We've all heard stories of people having buck fever when it comes to actually shooting an animal , how will this type of person react when it comes to shooting another human being . I even have my doubts about some cops . I carry and I don't think I would hesitate but so far luckiIy I haven't been put in that situation . Now someone that has actually been in combat I'm sure wouldn't hesitate .
Jack -

You and I both know that A LOT of training is important but as you brought up the mind set is another part of the equation. It's always been 3% ... I expect it to always be 3%

BTW The deputy assigned to the school (armed and sworn officer of the law) sat outside the building for more then 4 minutes of the 6 minutes the deranged little bastard was inside killing 17 innocent people!! The sheriff suspended him and he then resigned ... I'm guessing he will be moving from his home shortly?? Perfect example of wrong person for the job ... too bad it cost the lives of 17 people.

Puff

Post by Puff »

As an educator for 37 years so far, I would agree to
be one of those chosen few faculty members to be armed.
I believe that MUCH training would need to
take place for all those involved. If there is technology
that could "code" the firearm to only function with the
particular staff member, I believe that would be a
wonderful safeguard. I believe the concept of an armed
school building would be a definite step in a good
direction to protect our kids.
We have an outstanding SRO in our building.
School Resource Officer.
She just happens to be one of my former students !
And she does a fabulous job ! I am proud of her !
Now, if they'd only ask me . . . . . . . .
Bill Van Sant

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

I can put this on here because none of my supposedly "knowledgable" Canadian Facebook Friends can see it.

At least you guys don't have to watch these socalled "knowledgable" guys bash guns..SOAB it gets fucking annoying when they think they know someone else's business better than theirs!!!

We need to clean up our own act here on a lot of things before we throw stones across the Border!!.

I am seriously considering letting Facebook go..the other alternative is to PURG PURG PURG all those who think they know every fucking thing!!

Since 14 months ago I refuse to get into any Politcal kind of argument whatsoever as one is never allowed to have their opinion anymore...as soon as you voice it YOU ARE WRONG!!

Done guys....lol...have a great evening and see some of you very very soon!!.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham