Hurricane Irma....updates...Check in!!

well-almost anything, wear your colors inside, we don't care.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Hurricane Irma....updates...Check in!!

Post by CanuckHoss »

I know so many friends down in Florida that it will be hard to keep in touch with you all.

So please check in here from time to time and let us all know you are OK and what is happening.

Our thoughts and prayers for Irma to take a different path that leaves Florida untouched somewhat.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Orlando606VetteTrike

Re: Hurricane Irma....updates...Check in!!

Post by Orlando606VetteTrike »

Thanks Barry :-)
2008 606 Corvette Trike
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

I know my in laws that live in Fort Myers have left the state just in case . They are in their 80's so why take the Chance of trying to ride it out if it if Erma does hit thier area . They have relatives out of the state they can stay with until it blows over .
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

MAn...I am anxious as hell watching Irma from my safe zone in Canada...can't imagine what everyone in the targetted path are going through.

Keeping the prayers and good vibes going for all that may be affected.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

My House is in the Middle of the State between Tampa and Orlando. We have taken precautions and we are hopefully ready for anything headed our way :) Right now it looks like we will get 110mph winds and a lot of rain on Sunday Evening through Monday Morning.
I have lots of Ice and 2 bottles of Bourbon from the Big Moose Saloon ... what could go wrong?!?
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
AZ Boss Hoss

Post by AZ Boss Hoss »

In Jax and have stocked up on all the necessary beverages.
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

IrmaTrack.jpg
The White Line is the Projected Path. The Blue Dot is where I live ... Gonna be fun day :)
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Ron Radulski

Post by Ron Radulski »

petitemoose wrote:My House is in the Middle of the State between Tampa and Orlando. We have taken precautions and we are hopefully ready for anything headed our way :) Right now it looks like we will get 110mph winds and a lot of rain on Sunday Evening through Monday Morning.
I have lots of Ice and 2 bottles of Bourbon from the Big Moose Saloon ... what could go wrong?!?
You could loose power and your ice would melt! LOL
Ravinsomniac

Post by Ravinsomniac »

Just heard a report that 75,000 in Miami have lost power. It's heading our way and we expect to be without power for several days, maybe a week. It looks like the eye of the storm is going up the West Coast, hitting Naples, Ft. Myers and up. They are going to get a lot of wind damage. Stay safe Petitemoose !
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Ravinsomniac wrote:Just heard a report that 75,000 in Miami have lost power. It's heading our way and we expect to be without power for several days, maybe a week. It looks like the eye of the storm is going up the West Coast, hitting Naples, Ft. Myers and up. They are going to get a lot of wind damage. Stay safe Petitemoose !
Will do the best I can! Got everything I can think of that can and will blow around either put away or secured. Have not boarded up the windows yet but will see If I need to tomorrow morning when I wake up. I have a 15K Watt Welder/Generator in the bed of my pickup should the power go out to keep the house powered up so the Ice won't melt :) Jr thinks it is there to keep his computer online LoL
Mike Kelly is gonna get HAMMERED tonight by this storm and then she is coming to my house for a little visit. I will check in with him tomorrow and see how he is doing ( Assuming the cell towers are up )
Ron Radulski

Post by Ron Radulski »

I'm glad you've got it covered Petitemoose. Good luck and most importantly, STAY SAFE!
knockdolian

Post by knockdolian »

petitemoose wrote:
IrmaTrack.jpg
The White Line is the Projected Path. The Blue Dot is where I live ... Gonna be fun day :)
After seeing this, I have stoped moaning about the crap weather we are having in the UK. Good luck to you and everyone else this will effect .
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Orlando 502 lost power around 8:15pm Sunday Night

Mike Kelley told me his shop got beat up a bit but his house is fine. The Storm has moved past him but will now have to deal with the surge. He should be fine though

I have been in the yellow zone of the storm for a few hours now. So far so good. Obviously still have power as I am on the computer. Power has flickered a few times but no outages. Wife is watching TV and Jr. is online playing games with friends. Storm is heading directly for me and the eye will be here about 2am. Will be hitting the sheets soon and hope to sleep through it.
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Dennis, thanks for the updates and glad you and the family are doing ok. Also, glad that Mike did not have major damage. We lost power around 9 last night. Staying with the neighbors who have a generator. We lost multiple trees and the whole yard is covered with a thick layer of tree limbs, brush, debris, etc. Also, a large Pine split in half and punched a large hole in the carport. Good thing is we and the critters are all good.

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

How bad did Daytona get hit , anybody know ?
Orlando606VetteTrike

Post by Orlando606VetteTrike »

All good here. We lost power Sunday night around 8:15pm as Dennis stated. Power was restored at 3pm Monday. In the interim I had generator powering the fridge, tv, and fans. Wasn't so bad since the temps dropped and I periodically opened opposite doors and let the nice cooler breeze come through the house and cool things a bit. All in all we are blessed to be with power and no damage. Still so many millions without power.
2008 606 Corvette Trike
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

My in laws from Fort Meyers got back to their house yesterday and the suffered very little damage and got power back last night sometime . My intentions to move to Florida may have changed , we will see ?
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

hogv8 wrote:How bad did Daytona get hit , anybody know ?
https://www.facebook.com/brigit.duncan/ ... 723816717/

Hopefully the Video is Unlocked for Public View. This video is of Beach Street where The Indian Dealership is ( Old Harley Building)
Ravinsomniac

Post by Ravinsomniac »

Twenty miles North of us in Fort Pierce, they had up to 2 feet of water in some homes. We were very lucky and had no damage, but it took 3 days to prepare, pulling plywood out of storage, boarding up, sitting in long lines for gas, standing in line buying food, batteries, and bottled water, getting the generator tuned up and filled with gas and oil, putting small potted plants, lawn chairs, trash cans and anything lighter than 30 pounds away, putting braces on wooden fences around the property, getting camping lanterns out of storage for when the power goes out. We didn't lose any trees, like our neighbors did, only because we already lost them all in the past 3 Hurricanes. Sitting in the living room at night can be a little un-nerving when a 110 MPH wind gust shakes the whole house. After the storm, everyone helped pull trees out of the street so cars could get by. Walking down the street, our normally quiet neighborhood was a lot different with the sounds of power generators coming from every other house. No one had A/C, only fans in 90 plus heat and humidity because A/C puts too much drain on generators. At night with all the windows open and all the noisy generators stopped, you lay in bed drowning in your own sweat. Now, it's time to put everything away and wait for the next Hurricane. Guess I'll go put up my two plastic pink flamingos in the front yard again...
Ron Radulski

Post by Ron Radulski »

Reality sucks, doesn't it. How long have you lived in Florida? However long, you must really love it there.