tough saying goodbye

well-almost anything, wear your colors inside, we don't care.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
Imzz4

tough saying goodbye

Post by Imzz4 »

After 14 yrs of friendship and love with our buddy "Turbo",
we had to have him put to sleep last week. Everyone who is also a dog lover cries like a baby when this time happens. We made sure he had a comfortable and great end to his tail wagging days. Everything from a ride thru the country barking at cows to all the family coming over to rub his ears to his special cheeseburger deluxe he ate at dinner and then for his last breakfast. For a little guy he had a big heart and played with all other dogs. We decided this time to have the vet come to our home and avoid the stress he'd feel when it was "riding to the vets" . I'm glad that it went well here. All Turbo remembered was the sliced turkey he was eating from my hand, in his favorite bed, in front of the fireplace, was so delicious ........!
. We had him cremated and he was returned to us the next day. Now he is sitting by the front door near his picture, where I can touch him whenever I come or go. I still miss him like crazy but the reward is he's not in pain , and he gave me something special . Thanks Jeff
Be kind to your animals always :thanks:
Attachments
DSC00926.JPG
DSC01038.JPG
DSC00978.JPG
DSC01041.JPG
mmaupin

Re: tough saying goodbye

Post by mmaupin »

Jeff,

So sorry for your loss. About 4 years ago, we went through the same experience. Dogs are great friends and companions; when we loose one it is devastating.
Regards,

Mark

V8Norm

Post by V8Norm »

Sorry for your loss

I lost my riding partner this year.
They are part of the family, for sure
Norm
Puff

Post by Puff »

I happened to be with my Border Collie when he took
his last breath. All natural. I was glad he had us petting
him as he went. Tough moment.
I dug his grave a few minutes later in our back yard.
I feel good that we were with him at that moment.
I buried him, and whenever I mow the back yard, I
say hello to him. Glad he was in our family for his time.
Bill Van Sant

randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

With the exception of you guys..I live by the saying ..The more people I meet the more I like my dog..They give you all their love and loyalty, without any hidden agendas. I like my dogs more than most people I meet..
phpBB [video]
knockdolian

Post by knockdolian »

As a kid we always had two or three dogs in the house. When we lost one there was two others to concentrate on. I wont have a dog now. You get so attached and 14 or so years its time to let go. They should by now be able to cloan a dog with a tortoise that would sort it. Im sorry for your loss mate. It does seem like the way to go. A good day surrounded by loved ones, favourite meal and a long sleep.one day all people will be allowed the same dinaty.
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Jeff I am sooooooo sorry for your loss :bawling: it is so hard to loose a pet, sounds like he lived an awesome life with you and I love his name

Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

Thanks to all of you for letting me share this. This one has really been harder than I thought. I tried to get ready for it over a year ago, but I guess you just don't "get ready". As a young boy he could nearly catch a rabbit , so his name fit perfect when his rear end would squat down as he took off !