Interesting ...

well-almost anything, wear your colors inside, we don't care.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
V-MAN

Interesting ...

Post by V-MAN »

If I were in the market for a Harley I would try to buy from this dealership ...

http://www.houseofharleydavidson.com/-- ... 5fd73f78d3

I like to support any business that supports my second amendment rights ... :goodidea:

I think one of these years in Daytona when we have a good size group we should set aside some shooting time. Maybe some of our friends from less friendly firearms countries would enjoy heading to the range? I always enjoy taking newbees out and showing the safe/correct way to use firearms. I have some real cool pieces. I think it would be a good time, anybody else?
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

V-MAN

Re: Interesting ...

Post by V-MAN »

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

This is one of my safes, pics taken a looooong time ago. It's funny how it seems like they are so big until you start to fill them ... then they must shrink?!

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

I am game as long as we sneak one of these in and have fun watching people pull the trigger.

God this is funny!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8eVqOfreZc
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

I'm In! I have a few things that go BANG :)
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

There is a nice shooting range near Daytona, direction to Deland. My son and I spend there a Saturday afternoon.
Good fun !!!
:thumbup:
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

CanuckHoss wrote:I am game as long as we sneak one of these in and have fun watching people pull the trigger.

God this is funny!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8eVqOfreZc
My 12 GA 3 1/2" magnum has all the kick I ever want to deal with !
Last edited by hogv8 on Sat May 09, 2015 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tjy

Post by tjy »

:wft: were they shooting!!!

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Sounds like we are going to make it happen, COOL.

Barry - I have a couple that make that look like a "toy", it's funny to see them get knocked on their ass! I have a couple noise makers that will leave a mark. Glad to see they were bolt action rifles otherwise could be dangerous if semi auto!

Moose - :) Bring them buddy!

Peter - The range you guys went to, is it handguns only or do they have a rifle range too?

Jack - That's what I use bird hunting. Depending where I'd be hunting I would use either 3" or 3.5" shells ... Good thing the bag limit was low and I'm a pretty decent shot. A couple sets of birds come into decoys and I bag out ...

Tom - I don't think it is as much as what they are shooting then their form. None of them had good form hence knock on their ass or slid off shoulder!

I've seen videos on youtube with people shooting large caliber handguns where it kicks back and hits in forehead :( OUCH! It's funny in a way but you could really get hurt. My daughters are very small and they shoot anything from .22 to .44 and they are all very capable. My middle girl borrowed my Winchester 30-30 and shot her deer second day (227# buck). She has used my 30-06 in past with no issues and that rifle doesn't fit her well. She can still fire it without being knocked to floor but the 30-30 is better suited for hunting in PA and it fits her better too!

Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Note to self......Don't Piss off VMan :mrgreen:

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Biggest thing I have ever shot is a 12 gauge shotgun taking care of coyotes in the farm yard that were trying to eat my dog...fur was flying everywhere when the old 12 gauge hit target

If i shot the gun in the video I would be on a stretcher header for the ER
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
tjy

Post by tjy »

I'v been threating to buy a 45 but Zach talked me out of it.. Dad what you going to use that for!! BLOW shit UP!!! Yep gonna have to go to Fla gun exchange >)

tjy

Post by tjy »

There is a gun club off 44 west of NSB also one off 92 west of 95. My favorite indoor range is on Nova in Holly hill (Hot Shot) 15.00 hr range fee, You can rent guns to find out what u like. Don the one on 44 is a rifle friendy.

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

I hope this link works, this is the largest caliber rifle manufactured today ... it's nasty and will leave a mark for sure! Watch the video about halfway down the page, notice the hit is HUGE but nobody gets knocked on the floor (their form in pretty good).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... piece.html

Tom - good to know of the rifle range, I'll be sure to bring a couple rifles along. I have to agree with Zach on the .45 I've only sold two firearms in my lifetime and one was a .45 If you want a handgun just to impress get a S&W 500 (revolver) or a Desert Eagle .50 cal (semi-auto). If you want a good shooter thats usable (able to carry and fire without causing YOU pain) then get a nice .40 like my Sig Sauer for semi auto or if you like wheel guns stick with S&W .357 in many flavors!

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

CanuckHoss wrote:Biggest thing I have ever shot is a 12 gauge shotgun taking care of coyotes in the farm yard that were trying to eat my dog...fur was flying everywhere when the old 12 gauge hit target

If i shot the gun in the video I would be on a stretcher header for the ER

Barry - Were you using slugs or shot? What size rounds 2 3/4, 3 or 3 1/2"? If they let us shoot shotguns at the range I'll bring some of each for you to try :yourwelcome: We don't want to see you going to the ER though!!!! Just to make it more interesting I'll bring the home defence shotgun ... shorter, lighter and mechanical eject (hits harder). Bringing my gas semi shotgun would just be "cheating" because of it's weight and gas assist semi you will feel it but much lighter feel and we don't want to cheat!! :canada:

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Iron Maiden wrote:Note to self......Don't Piss off VMan :mrgreen:

I'm just a big pushover Sue ... quiet and reserved ... :thumbup:

V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

I'm in! currently have a Kimber .45 but looking to sell and get something lighter for cc. Interested in the S&W bodyguard

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/ ... rrorView_Y

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

V8Bikers wrote:I'm in! currently have a Kimber .45 but looking to sell and get something lighter for cc. Interested in the S&W bodyguard

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/ ... rrorView_Y

Bill -

Kimber makes a very nice handgun! Before you go out and buy the BodyGuard maybe check out some 9mm. There are plenty of 9mm on the market that are same size or close and weight same or even less. Velocity and penetration are much better with 9mm. The 380 (I do own one maybe two) is a better choice then a rock or a sharp stick but not best choice for personal protection.

Don

**added video - I hope**

phpBB [video]

GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

I was heavily into handgun sport until the UK decided no more mass shootings (post Hungerford and Dunblane) so their answer was BAN every licensed handgun over .22, legally held in the UK. That of course leaves all reasonably calibered handguns in the UK in criminal hands!

I was into combat pistol so reloaded full factory loads in a range of nice guns - nickel compensated .45 1911A1 conversions, a 17 round .40magnum delta Elite/1911 custom and a couple of fun guns - Mauser Bolo and a 96 in 9mm - complete with holster stocks.

Oh how I miss those days... :(
Gordon from England