Please be careful out there!!

well-almost anything, wear your colors inside, we don't care.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Please be careful out there!!

Post by CanuckHoss »

Today we did our usual once a week ride to Cochrane for breakfast. We leave at 6:15 to ride the 25 miles...have breakfast and then get back for 9am opening.

It is great bonding for the company and today we had 7 of us and lots of giggles as always at breakfast..

10 miles after we left we got to a T intersection...everyone stopped..we proceeded on a right turn and our Journeyman Lady mechanic on a HD decker caught a pile of pee gravel with her rear tire while turning, slid out about 3 or 4 feet and then hooked up and high sided and spit her off. All under my watchful eye as I always bring up the rear.

She was hurt but Ok enough to ride to Urgent Care with me on the trike. Diagnosis is a cracked or chipped elbow..bruised hip and a very bruised calf that she needs to watch intently. Off for at least a week...throws the Service Dept into a kurfuffle when you have work booked for 4 techs and now you have 3....but we have such great understanding customers..

AND...Monday I heard about a 58 year old male who died in a single vehicle motorcycle accident Sunday evening very near where Gwen and I did the professional shoot on our trike. I always wince when I hear of a motorcyclist dying here because I know so damn many people and always hope it is someone I don't know.

This fatality I found out tonite was a friend Dom. A very nice fellow who worked for us for 4 or 5 months in 2011 I believe. He popped in for a few visits now and then.

So as the Thread subject says..Please be careful!
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Re: Please be careful out there!!

Post by Iron Maiden »

:iagree: sorry to hear about your friends. :bawling:
Last edited by Iron Maiden on Sat May 09, 2015 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

V-MAN

Re: Please be careful out there!!

Post by V-MAN »

That really sucks Barry, hope your tech heals quickly and is able to return to her normal life as fast as possible. Condolences to Dom's family and friends ... RIP :(
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING