New Toy

well-almost anything, wear your colors inside, we don't care.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
petitemoose

New Toy

Post by petitemoose »

Sitting home without much to do makes guys do crazy things ... The Hoss is back at Summit getting some chromework done and a new chrome Drive Pulley Installed and the Softail is waiting for the carb to get back from being dipped and cleaned. Nothing rideable in the garage :(
So this past weekend the Wife and Jr were gone laying wreaths across America at the Veterans Cemetary In Bushnell and I was surfing the Internet looking at cool bikes and other gearhead type entertainment. Fast forward about two hours and guess what is on the way to my house ...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8d3hsprc96omo ... 1.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/trprho89n40fo ... 2.jpg?dl=0

IMO its the best of both worlds. Sit up comfort with Busa gen2 Drivetrain :) Always liked them but never had the opportunity to get one ... Until this weekend. Now who is gonna explain this to the wife ...
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Re: New Toy

Post by V8Bikers »

Nice addition Dennis! I was intrigued when those came out and thought is was a great concept having that power with a more relaxed riding position (had two Busas) Excellent bike for the twisties?

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

From what I have read so far, replace the rear 200 series rear tire with a 190 and you can canyon carve all day. I will be putting on Michelin Pilot Powers front and rear. Those are the roundest, stickiest tires I have ever used. The sales guy is telling me I may see the bike as soon as this weekend!!
There MUST be something to these bikes. Insurance for the Boss AND the Softail is $380 a year for 50 /100 coverage. The B king upped that rate an additional $523 ... Don't remember my Busa costing that much for Insurance. The surprising thing is just how inexpensive it is to Insure the Boss. Probably because even though they cost a fortune, few are ever wrecked.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

petitemoose wrote:From what I have read so far, replace the rear 200 series rear tire with a 190 and you can canyon carve all day. I will be putting on Michelin Pilot Powers front and rear. Those are the roundest, stickiest tires I have ever used. The sales guy is telling me I may see the bike as soon as this weekend!!
There MUST be something to these bikes. Insurance for the Boss AND the Softail is $380 a year for 50 /100 coverage. The B king upped that rate an additional $523 ... Don't remember my Busa costing that much for Insurance. The surprising thing is just how inexpensive it is to Insure the Boss. Probably because even though they cost a fortune, few are ever wrecked.

Or stolen .
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Congrats!! Keep us posted on the wife's response :shock: we have a spare room if need be :mrgreen:

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

This went form an Impulse buy from a dealer in Atlanta, Ga. ( WoW Motorcycles ) to a bike being delivered this afternoon!
Got a call this morning about 11 am. "Hi, this is Megan with WoW Motorcycles. We got your Fedex envelope and all the paperwork looks good. Will you be available in about 2 hours? The driver said he can deliver your bike about 12:45 ... Will that work for you??"
LoL I couldn't get back home to take delivery so I sent it to the Wife's work and they unloaded the bike there. I gotta tell you ... the rest of the day C R E E P E D by ever SO slowly!!!
The ride home on the bike was great. Only about 20 miles or so with moderate traffic so breaking the speed of sound was not possible. Wasn't interested in that yet anyway. I did, however, find myself an open hole and got into 2nd pretty heavy ... WOW that two brothers exhaust sounds sweet and the acceleration instantly reminded me of the Busa BUT I wasn't hunched over with sore wrists and numb hands. Not sorry about my impulse buy at ALL!!
The Wife took it in stride LoL ... Whatever ... Just don't kill yourself. She did let the comment "it's pretty" escape when she thought i wasn't paying attention :)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p61rti29ojrkt ... 9.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xh5h9s374rg3v ... 0.jpg?dl=0
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

SHAWWWEEEEETTTTT! :ridding:

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

First real ride today... Really had no choice as the Boss is down getting nasty parts re-chromed, the softail needs new cables ( All ) and the dirt bike isn't street legal. Luckily I have this Monster in disguise to ride :) I remember my Busa having a LOT of power and the delivery was pretty exceptional. This bike is better. It may not have the 186 top end ( smaller exhaust valves restrict it ) but I must say there is power available at every rpm in every gear. The best part is the handling. OH MY how fun corners are again!! I had forgotten what it was like to really lean into a corner then realize you can really hit it leaving the apex. Not claiming to be a canyon carver .. I am not. But I was amazed at how this bike begs to be Ridden hard. IT is SO smooth and SO well behaved. Just like our beloved V8's she is as tame as a can be ... then grab you a handful and feel the smile grow.
I gotta say, As far as garages go, I REALLY like what gets parked in mine!! I am spoiled and I like it ;)