Ever get beat by a Harley?

well-almost anything, wear your colors inside, we don't care.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Ever get beat by a Harley?

Post by V8Bikers »

I was checking out HD Forums today and they have thread going where a shop has managed to get 352 hp (404 w/nos) out of a 145 ci S&S that is supercharged.
No strip times are mentioned. How do you think a 355 or 385 ZZ4 would fare up against one?

Link: http://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-h ... -here.html

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Ravinsomniac

Re: Ever get beat by a Harley?

Post by Ravinsomniac »

Pa-tata, pa-tata, pa-tata....
Someone needs to educate people what a REAL motorcycle should sound like !
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

phpBB [video]
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

phpBB [video]
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

V8Bikers wrote:I was checking out HD Forums today and they have thread going where a shop has managed to get 352 hp (404 w/nos) out of a 145 ci S&S that is supercharged.
No strip times are mentioned. How do you think a 355 or 385 ZZ4 would fare up against one?

Link: http://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-h ... -here.html
Tough call ... I am guessing in the 1/4 the Hoss would win as the HArley would never get a good bite on the asphault. Top Speed or on the Mile ... Probably the Harley
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

I would put my money on the Harley ... gearing alone would convince me ...

BTW my R1 on a few occasions dusted small and big block BH's. I know nothing anybody here wants to hear or admit. My R1 was slightly modified (intake, pipe, fuel metering) and putting down around 195HP to rear wheel but weighed less then 400#
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

V-MAN wrote:I would put my money on the Harley ... gearing alone would convince me ...

BTW my R1 on a few occasions dusted small and big block BH's. I know nothing anybody here wants to hear or admit. My R1 was slightly modified (intake, pipe, fuel metering) and putting down around 195HP to rear wheel but weighed less then 400#
I FULLY agree. My Busa would S P A N K my Hoss any time under any conditions, Except a slow race :) Any Late Model Liter bike with a competent rider should have little issue with a Hoss. Two Different machines for two different puropses
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
wag

Post by wag »

they still have to shift and thats a plus for the hoss
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

Also you can surprise them with a handful of gas, you ease off after leaving them in the dust at 100+ and nonchalently cruise on.

I know it's cheating but we all realise a Busa's strengths and can respect them and Petitemoose is spot-on "diff strokes - diff folks". We're all serious bikers anyway and we're just playing.

I've had a whole bunch of Harleys and my friends and family can't believe I've left the Hog world for this extreme machine, it's difficult for them as they thought 80inch Harleys were BIG and they can't get their heads into 350 inches.

One guy at the gas station just today said "it can't be 5.7 litres", until I started it up.
Gordon from England
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

GordonBH wrote:
One guy at the gas station just today said "it can't be 5.7 litres", until I started it up.
I have had full grown men actually Jump up and down with excitement when she comes to life and just cackles at idle.
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Bet they weren't Harley riders .
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

One reason I think people are surprised is they tend to see the Hoss from one side and may be accustomed to seeing Triumph rockets or similar and assume that it's a 4 in line. Even the view from the front with the rad in the way doesn't give much away.

Now the view from the rear on the SS - it's all hangin' out then!
Gordon from England
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

There is a guy with a supercharged or Turbo charged Harley that attends the La Crosse rally and I believe he is running about 250hp. He can eat a small block hoss for lunch. Lets
get serious a 350-400hp Harley that might weigh 800 pounds would beat almost and Boss Hoss or V8 Chopper except the best of them.

Only Adrians world record small block would stand a chance. We have the greatest tire smoking machines ever built but go to any dragstrip and just watch as the track doesn't lie.

....Johnston, Iowa
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

The Harley for sure..in my mind a 355 or 385 Hoss is just not that quick to accelerate...goes good yes.....but an LS3 is a different story.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham