Johnny Pissed

well-almost anything, wear your colors inside, we don't care.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Johnny Pissed

Post by Carl La Fong »

Well, I was supposed to be in Big Bear, a local mountain resort area, with Squirm and a bunch of other guys. Instead, I'm sitting here on the couch and my bike is at my daughters house, running like crap. It broke down as I was on my way to meet him and ride in together. It seems to be fuel related. I have to hook up the trailer and go get it tomorrow. So, while everyone is at the cabin, engaged in all sorts of motorcycle debauchery, I'm pulling my pud at home. It has been running perfectly for months and now this. I'm unamused.
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Re: Johnny Pissed

Post by Carl La Fong »

So.....I had my daughter drive me home last night. I hooked up the trailer and went to pick it up this morning. As I rode it up the ramp, I heard and felt something........ummmm......abnormal. I clearanced the bottom of my bellhousing. Tore off a couple of good sized chunks. I hope it's just cosmetic. I'm sure there is no real damage. We'll see Monday when I have time to take a look
Attachments
DSCN2207.JPG
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

I'm certain you'll have the bike up and running strong pretty quick. The chunks on the trailer floor to the bell housing made me groan out loud ... damn sure sucks. Hope the split and repair is smoothe for you.
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Sorry to hear Carl - keep us posted on the fix. We had a similar situation last year- pulling out the bikes to meet Buck and Susan for lunch, Bill twisted the throttle to start the bike and the hand grip just spun.The cable broke!!! We were disappointed but we were also very happy that it happened in the driveway!!!

hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

I'd say John problem is a little more serious than a broken throttle cable however .
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

hogv8 wrote:I'd say John problem is a little more serious than a broken throttle cable however .
So true but in the end neither one of us got to ride that day. :bawling:

V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

That sucks John. I've always feared that happening going sans skid plate which a lot of us do. I always put a towel or rags on that lip and walk the bike over that area standing over but not sitting on the seat to increase the frame height. Are you able to maybe JB weld those pieces back temporarily?

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

I used to carry a couple of bricks to elevate the tail gate which in turn lessened the angle where the tail gate hinged to the trailer bed. Worked every time. I kept the bricks in a tool box that I had screwed on the trailer tongue.
Buck
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

I don't run a skid plate either but I made two 1/2" thick x 1 1/2" wide Alum skid rails that run from the front cross member to the two rear trans mounting bolts . I kinda bent and shaped them slightly so fit up snug to the oil pan and up snug to the trans . I made special spacers to go between the rear trans mounting bolts and the rails and the rails can easily be swung out of the way to remove the trans pan . Had them black powder coated and they actually look like they are part of the frame . Hopefully any object I may encounter the skid rails will just slide right over it without damaging anything .

What prompted me to do this is because of what happened to Shanes trans when he hit a raised up underground gas tank cover in a gas station . Not Good