Goldwing tow truck

well-almost anything, wear your colors inside, we don't care.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Goldwing tow truck

Post by V8Bikers »

phpBB [video]

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
V-MAN

Re: Goldwing tow truck

Post by V-MAN »

That is wild, never seen or heard anything like that before. I guess I would put that in the category of just because it can be done doesn't mean it should be done!

:doh:
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

I can see it being useful. I am assuming that the Dolly has a braking system. Without that there is no way that a bike can stop all of that weight. I would rather see the tow package on a trailer. I can't imagine all of that high, rearward weight being good for balance on the way to a call when some jackhole decides since he isn't moving he needs to block your path too.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Ric

Post by Ric »

A novel idea in those few circumstances where a normal tow truck could not access.

I am haunted with a few engineering questions:… What about braking? (I suspect, you meet the nicest people on a Honda, but can the Honda's brakes handle that kind of load?)

Clutches. I'm of belief that most motorcycle clutches are a little sturdier than it's ability to pull it's own weight be you a chubby bunny with equally shaped passengers…. but to tug along an additional 3000 lbs, might need some mods to the tranny and clutch packs?

Like most tow trucks, they can back the downed vehicle into a spot, stall, or location. Can this rescue bike do the same?

It's a novel idea, and fun to watch… but it's engineering questions that have prevented me from making a 5th wheel hitch on the back of my Boss Hoss where by I could effectively tow a 35 foot Jay Feather holiday trailer… Hmmmmmm…. THAT gives me an idea… :hmmmm: :umno:

"Keep the magic alive!" He said.

Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada