Holidays

well-almost anything, wear your colors inside, we don't care.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Holidays

Post by Iron Maiden »

Well, Christmas is just a few days away and then we celebrate the New Year! I just want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!!

Bill and I are planning a Christmas dinner at home and then spending time with friends for dessert. Our dinner will not be very traditional but it is what we want to do. We very rarely have pasta dinners and almost never make our own sauce. So that is our plan.

We will start Tuesday making the meat sauce while enjoying bottle of red wine listening to Christmas music. There was not enough testosterone with these plans for Bill, so the compromise is to wash and wax the vehicles in between. ;) Wednesday, we will enjoy the meat sauce with linguine, garlic knots and a salad. The dessert will be Molten lava cupcakes. I am just excited to be home and in my own bed for 2 weeks!! (I travel quite a bit for my job)
This is the first year that we have decided not to exchange gifts. We really don't need anything and just don't want to buy something just because of the hype. I hope I don't regret this come Christmas morning :o

Is anyone else celebrating Christmas? If so, what are your plans? Are you buying gifts are you doing anything special for someone?

Buck
$ite $upporter

Re: Holidays

Post by Buck »

we're headed down to our little place at the beach for a few days and will be doing NUTHIN...will open a couple of presents Tue. morning, load up the critters then head out.
Buck
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Having a 13yo Son, We will be having a traditional Christmas. My son does not know it yet but he got me a fuel Injection setup by CB Performance for the Rail Buggy and a T25/ 48 ar turbo as well ;)

Last year he got me a nitrous setup for the bike that I am STILL waiting on the custom made brackets for ... ugh

After opening presents Wednesday morning, I will load up the Smoker and head over to the In-laws for the rest of the day where I will endure the Wife's sister and her brats complete with her Sperm Donor.

Hopefully I will get a break and be able to escape back to the house and jack the Bike up to Investigate a noise I heard coming from the front end ... I suspect I have a bearing going bad on me.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

Very vary traditional here, last minute shopping today (I'm a guy, what do you expect? :) )surrounded by all the christmas singles from past decades. Collect my aged In-laws and finally wrap my presents to others.

Then Christmas Day - it's the full works: Brioche and Buck's Fizz breakfast, Carol service, opening loads of presents, cooking a massive turkey (well my wonderful wife will do that and I'll pretend to be useful). Followed by flaming Xmas pudding and brandy custard. Tasting good red wines and watching Christmassy films until we all doze off. Then a late evening supper of Faux Gras pate (my concession to animal welfare) and my famous home-made melba toast.

Oh yes, and I'll be sneaking out every now and then to fit a new exhaust system to the super sport.

However you hold it, have a very Merry Christmas or as you say over there - Happy Holidays!

:england:
Gordon from England
Ric

Post by Ric »

Most of my friends are single like myself. And family is way over on the complete other side of the country for us (approx 6000 kms away). So, what us bachelors do at Christmas is have a turkey dinner at our shop (My buddy Wayne has an apartment built into our shop)… PLUS we also built a bar into our shop.

That's how we'll spend our 'traditional Christmas'. No carols, but likely some kick ass blues! I'm diggin' it! Merry Christmas to all!

Oh, and Raven, he'll probably just sleep. He's good at that. :roll:

"Keep the magic alive!" He said.

Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada
Clint44

Post by Clint44 »

Unfortunately,I'll be working the 7am-7pm shift tomorrow. At least,they pay me double time and a half on holidays. 8-) Sherry will probably be with her folks in Southern Oklahoma for the day.

Probably taking the trike down to Texas Boss Hoss on Friday or Saturday. Looks like it might be headed to a new home,soon.
Clint & Sherry
2006 Boss Hoss 57 trike (sold)
Ric

Post by Ric »

Whaaaaat??? Clint, are you getting out of the V8 bike/trike world??? :wft:

"Keep the magic alive!" He said.

Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Sitting at home with Gwen as the family here have left for Xmas to relatives 8 hours away. With Gwen on dialysis we are home bound...which is ok too as we love each others company and could be alone forever which one day we will be.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Gila

Post by Gila »

I am doing the Xmas work thing this year ,,, as a rotator you get to be home every second year ,,, but missed out last year because I worked over ,,, looking forward to the next one ,,,

I arrive home NYE ,,, will celebrate time with the family then ,,,

Merry Xmas & a Happy Newyears to all ,,

Mike