Harley building some smaller models

well-almost anything, wear your colors inside, we don't care.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Harley building some smaller models

Post by V8Bikers »

What do you guys think about this? Not sure how well they will do here but they should do well in the overseas market.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/11/ ... le-lineup/

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Smoke'em

Re: Harley building some smaller models

Post by Smoke'em »

Totally think there is a marketplace here, even US

"Speed costs money. How fast do you wanna go?"
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

I've been a Hog man for years (4 x as many cylinders now and BH forever) but 500cc? not the spirit but they have to make profits so good luck to them.
Gordon from England
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

They WILL sell them ... not a bike for me but a lot of people will buy just because "Harley Davidson" on tank. I've talked with so many guys/girls and have heard the comment "one day I'll buy a Harley" or "I'm saving for a Harley" even though they have a very nice bike already! Kind of bothers me a bit because I like most all motorcycles and it doesn't matter whats on the gas tank - I certainly would not be embarrassed of my ride, if I like it that's all that matters!
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

I dunno. The middleweight field is all Japanese. Most of the people looking for a bike like that may not want to buy it BECAUSE is says HD on the tank. I think it's about a 50/50 chance that it will be successful. HD has tried light and middle weights before. the Hummers, Scats, M-50s, Toppers, Sprints, Banditos and the like were all less than stellar as far as sales were concerned. Even the V-Rod didn't exactly set the world ablaze. Still, they could find a niche. Dad on his Big Twin, Mom on the Sportster and little Skippy on his 500
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

My bet is they will sell. Harley can put its name on a snot rag and people will be so proud of it they'll wrap it around their head and call it a bandana. There was a time when a 750 wasn't considered a little bike. The first Harley K models were only 750cc (45 CU IN). Todays technology will make the little rascals haul ass and they'll handle real good. They'll be cheap and get new riders loyal to the brand making them customers for years to come.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

I see a lot of women getting these. Until now, the only bike HD had to offer those intimidated with a big engine was the sporty. I did not realize that women equated the bike's size with the engine size until last year when I was helping a friend shop for a new bike. She opted for a Kaw over a Dyna because the Kaw was a 900 while the Dyna was a much "larger" 1450. In actuality the Dyna was smaller in many aspects and actually fit her better but in her mind it was the smaller bike thus would be easier for her to handle.
Such thinking is foreign to me but the reality is, it made perfect sense to her. Couple that with the "cushy" suspension and the price and I see these selling pretty well Unless they have no highway driveability. I have not read to see what their top speed is or what the rpm would be at 70 mph.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

Thing have sure changed since I began riding. A small bike was a 50cc to about 175. 250 to 500 was a mid size. 650 and up were the big, man's bikes. Now a 650 is considered little more than a two wheeled weed whacker.
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
wag

Post by wag »

I'm sure they will sell. Better option than a sportster for some beginners.
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

Yes Carl,
In the 70's, my 350cc Yam RD350 was a hot middleweight and my mate's Bonneville was the biggest bike on the block till my other mate rumbled in on his beaut black Norton 850. Times have changed, now I've got over 16 RD350s under me - how life changes...
Gordon from England