Music

well-almost anything, wear your colors inside, we don't care.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Music

Post by V8Bikers »

Was musing the other day about this. Obviously very subjective and personal but can anyone really argue that the best music is behind us? I do like a new song here and there but, to me, most of it is mindless drivel. Not knowing what the future holds, but for now, it's not looking too promising.

Thoughts?

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Re: Music

Post by Carl La Fong »

Pretty sure you're right. I don't know what a lot of the new music sounds like, since I don't listen. I do know I hate rap and hip hop. All of the other over produced teen idol crap like Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, etc., I can't really comment since I doubt that I've heard any of it in it's entirety. I hate to think I'm mired in the past, but I guess I am. I have my iPod. When I got it, I thought that I'd never have more than a few hundred songs in it. I have over six thousand. Lots of Do wop oldies as well as the sixties stuff that I listened to when I was a teen. I have quite a bit of country oldies. Various Hanks, Ernest Tubb, Ferlin Husky, etc. Also country rock pop, or whatever you want to call it like Marty Robbins, Sonny James, The Everly's and so on. Lots of Johnny Cash. Lots of blues. Everything from Robert Johnson to Hoyt Axton, Charlie Musselwhite, Stevie Ray, Son House, John Hammond, Johnny Winter, Lightnin' Hopkins, Leslie West and it goes on and on. My big fave is Roy Rogers. Not the King of the Cowboys, but the finest slide guitarist around today. I've seen him twice, live. I've got Zappa, Nat King Cole, Otis Redding, Taj Mahal. I've got Matisyahu if you prefer Jewish Reggae. I have A ton of Slim Whitman. "Mars Attacks" made him kind of a joke, But he was a huge talent.
I guess whether new music is any good or not is a moot point, as far as I'm concerned. There is enough good stuff from the past to keep me occupied
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

I guess I'm still living in the past . I like southern rock , Allman Bros , Skynard . ZZ Top , Marshal Tucker , Hank Williams Jr. just to name a few however I will always like Some of the good old Mo town music . A good friend on mine and myself used to go to a local Bar back in the day (60's) that played nothing but Mo Town type music and we were the only white bikers in the whole bar . We never ever had a problem there and never caused any either .
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

Motown kick ass, always did. Though he's as crazy as a soup sandwich, Phil Spector was a genius.
Not a Boy Genius™, of course ;)
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

30 years from now I will bet my kid will be saying the same things as we are about the music he grew up with as we are about the music we grew up with.

The good news is that he will have a appreciation for the GOOD stuff I listen to from the 70's to the 90's in addition to the junk he listens to ;)
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...