My New Sig

well-almost anything, wear your colors inside, we don't care.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
V-MAN

My New Sig

Post by V-MAN »

Well after waiting since the first week in December I got a call from Sig Sauer asking me if I still wanted the P229 Stainless Elite. My answer was "it's about time, of course I do". It was sent Fri from factory (manf date on case was 23 July 2013 so no dust on this sucker) and arrived at my FFL here yesterday. So exactly one week from birth to my hand :thumbup: This handgun I believe is going to be one of my favorite ... it really is a "piece of art"! I thought some of you might have some interest so I'll post a couple pictures. Now I just have to get to the range and unload a couple boxes!!!!

Now I have to contact Brigade Gun Leather and see how long I'll have to wait for holster :banghead:
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Re: My New Sig

Post by Carl La Fong »

I'm not a gun guy, so I don't know, but is it a good idea to post a pic of your serial number online? Just wonderin"
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Carl La Fong wrote:I'm not a gun guy, so I don't know, but is it a good idea to post a pic of your serial number online? Just wonderin"

Hi John -

I guess there are two camps with two opinions to your question and I do think the question is valid specific coming from a "non gun guy". I feel there is no issue with serial # same as I have no problem with a bike or car pic with license plate number or VIN (two opinions on that too). With all the laws and paperwork in place me showing ownership is very easy. Here in PA you not only have to have the paperwork for the Feds but also PA State Police ... two background checks to transfer a handgun (new or used). I would be a little more reserved with a long gun serial # because they can sold or traded using only "due diligence" and there is no FFL tranfer papers to show ownership beyond original. Along my guns in my safe is a stack of paperwork to document each firearm.

Kind of a sidenote but most every online dealer selling firearms on auction sites ie gunbroker etc will show serial number very clear in their pictures. I'm already paranoid about "other stuff" I'm glad this doesn't bother me! :D

Don

Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Schweeet!! Make sure you post your target after you test her out.

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Not only looks good but incredible shooter too ...

I am extremely impressed, ran all shots perfect with NO issues. With the weight of this pistol at 40.2 oz unloaded the extra weight almost takes recoil out of the equation for follow-up shots ... it's nice!!!!! It probably makes me look like a better shooter then I am too!

This target shows two magazines (12 per) at 32ft free hand and fairly rapid fire. I can't and won't complain about the grouping BUT I know if I took more time between shots the group would have been tighter.

I was shooting Hornaday 165gr FTX Critical Defence.

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Nothing wrong with that at all. Especially right out of the box. For Christmas I got Jr his first Pistol, A sig mosquito .22 The gun is wicked accurate but VERY picky about what she will shoot even after 500+ rds. If the round has a velocity of less than 1600 fps, it will jam on the discharge. I left it at the gunsmith last week after he and I were at the range. He seems to think that a little finely placed polishing will resolve the issue ... should find out this weekend :) I Love my Sigs and figured I would start Jr. out on a spoiled path LoL
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

OK note to self "don't piss off V-Man" :D

hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

I think there are a lot of people out there that would be amazed at the firepower some us freedom loving Americans do own . When and if the shit hits the fan we are ready .

Jack
HOGV8
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

petitemoose wrote:Nothing wrong with that at all. Especially right out of the box. For Christmas I got Jr his first Pistol, A sig mosquito .22 The gun is wicked accurate but VERY picky about what she will shoot even after 500+ rds. If the round has a velocity of less than 1600 fps, it will jam on the discharge. I left it at the gunsmith last week after he and I were at the range. He seems to think that a little finely placed polishing will resolve the issue ... should find out this weekend :) I Love my Sigs and figured I would start Jr. out on a spoiled path LoL

Congrats to littler moose (would that be younger then a petite moose)?! I started all my kids off when they were young, I think it's a great idea and they earn early on safe handling and respect for weapons. Many .22 handguns have the same problem as the mosquito with FTE etc. I think a good polish job and a good quality round should help a lot. So many guns and so little time :)

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Iron Maiden wrote:OK note to self "don't piss off V-Man" :D

Nah ... V-MAN doesn't get pissed off ... as much anymore! :yikes:

:lol: :toofunny:

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

hogv8 wrote:I think there are a lot of people out there that would be amazed at the firepower some us freedom loving Americans do own . When and if the shit hits the fan we are ready .

Jack
HOGV8

Jack -

For sure ... 1000%

Don

PS
I'm starting to feel like a post whore here ... is there anyway to "multi quote" on this board?

V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

V-Man - you can multiple quote. Once you "reply" scroll to the bottom of the page and quote as many posts as you want. You can even edit the quote once it is in the body of your message, so you can just quote a portion of the post.

This is a test for multiple quotes in one reply:
V-MAN wrote:
hogv8 wrote:I think there are a lot of people out there that would be amazed at the firepower some us freedom loving Americans do own . When and if the shit hits the fan we are ready .

Jack
HOGV8

Iron Maiden wrote:OK note to self "don't piss off V-Man" :D

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

Those cherry wood grips are beautiful; nice piece indeed.

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

V8Bikers wrote:V-Man - you can multiple quote. Once you "reply" scroll to the bottom of the page and quote as many posts as you want. You can even edit the quote once it is in the body of your message, so you can just quote a portion of the post.
Bill -

Thanks, following your instructions now ... :thumbup: IT WORKS!

Grand Canard wrote:Those cherry wood grips are beautiful; nice piece indeed.
Thanks Ricky