Weed Whacker suggestions

well-almost anything, wear your colors inside, we don't care.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Weed Whacker suggestions

Post by V8Bikers »

Looking to buy a new one - agian :evil: I have been buying the homeowner models at Lowes, Home Depot, etc over the years and only get a few years out of them with regular maintanence and not a lot of use. Debating on moving up tp a commercial one. What brand have you had the best luck with?

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
v8 billy

Re: Weed Whacker suggestions

Post by v8 billy »

Bill
I use Stihl with straight shafts. Get the aluminum head that you have to cut the string yourself. None of that self feeding stuff for me. Some days we run them all day. Buy from a commercial shop so you can get good service not the big box stores. Let me know if you want to come up and try one out I have plenty of weeds. :lol: I also love Round Up it saves us a lot of work.
Billy
.................Image

.....................................Image
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

I agree with Billy , you can't go wrong with a Stihl product .
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

I bought a TAS Kawasaki trimmer 28 years ago when we moved onto The Fongderosa. Still works fine. I clear 2 1/2 acres with it every year. I've replaced 2 gas tanks. When the second one cracked, I welded up a steel one. I think I have replaced the head once. It is a manual feed. I doubt they even make it any more. If I do need one, I will go to the lawn a d garden supply and ask what the pros use.
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Stihl is a good brand. I use their backpack blowers chainsaws and demo saws exclusively. For my weed-eaters and edgers I use Shindawa. They are very rugged, dependable and work great time after time.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

and Stihl can only be sold by a business that can/will service them-I by a chemical by the gallon from ASC near Raleigh that is 1/2 the cost of Roundup, only drawback is that it takes a week or so to notice it working but it works darn well.
Buck