Gun owners

well-almost anything, wear your colors inside, we don't care.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Gun owners

Post by V8Bikers »

I wanted to start this thread to find out how many members are gun owners and ask a few questions?
- Do you own pistols, long guns, assault weapons, antiques, etc?
- Conceal carry, if so, what is your preferred choice?
- Method of cc, I.E; waist, ankle, butt crack, crotch, etc?
- Target shooting, personal protection or just like guns?

I currently own one - Kimber ultra carry II .45 ACP but find it a little heavy for everyday carry. I am considering selling or trading it in for a S&W Bodyguard .380 semi.
Attachments
S&W Bodyguard.jpg
S&W Bodyguard.jpg (4.59 KiB) Viewed 3727 times
Kimber.jpg
Kimber.jpg (6.22 KiB) Viewed 3729 times

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Re: Gun owners

Post by Carl La Fong »

I don't own any weapons nor do I feel a need to, but I defend any American's right to own one.
Just for the record, I've considered a pistol many times, but always spent my money on tools.
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

My answer for question 1 and 4 are YES :) I carry a Taurus 1911 .45 with Crimson Trace Grips as my CC. I have a high ride holster that my belt runs through for daily use and when Riding I use a Police Style under the arm holster so that it stays concealed but allows easy access should I need it. I have it loaded with star fire Hollow points
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Clint44

Post by Clint44 »

My daily carry weapon is a Sig p938 Nightmare 9mm. It's probably smaller than a S&W Bodyguard. I carry it in a Recluse pocket holster. Preferred carry ammo is Hornady Critical Defense 135gr.
Clint & Sherry
2006 Boss Hoss 57 trike (sold)
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

V8Bikers wrote:I wanted to start this thread to find out how many members are gun owners and ask a few questions?
- Do you own pistols, long guns, assault weapons, antiques, etc?
YES,YES,YES,YES, YES
- Conceal carry, if so, what is your preferred choice?
Probably 97% I carry Glock 23 another 2% when too dressed up to conceal the Glock I carry Walther PPS also 40cal and the other 1% can vary between a couple wheel guns and a couple other autos.
- Method of cc, I.E; waist, ankle, butt crack, crotch, etc?
IWB, I have many holsters that I've bought and tried but I like my Brigade Gun Leather IWB best. Expensive and takes well over a year to get but worth it
- Target shooting, personal protection or just like guns?
YES, YES, YES

I currently own one - Kimber ultra carry II .45 ACP but find it a little heavy for everyday carry. I am considering selling or trading it in for a S&W Bodyguard .380 semi. Kimber is a very nice choice, your right it is heavy. Heavy has a lot of benefits but CC makes a little more difficult. A good quality holster can help with size and weight ... I conceal everyday, some of the handguns I carry are larger and heavier then your Kimber

I would discourage the use of any 380 for primary carry weapon but if you really want a 380 I'd go with Sig Sauer just because reliabilty issues with the SW BG ... As others I use Hornady Critical Defence for ammo.
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

I have several handguns both autos and wheel guns that I carry concealed now and then but now that our wonderful NY state government has passed a law that auto clips can only be loaded with 7 rounds one might as well carry a wheel gun . Wheel guns are more dependable anyway . I'm thinking of buying a 410 Judge . I know it's a large handgun but at close range , wow .
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

hogv8 wrote:I have several handguns both autos and wheel guns that I carry concealed now and then but now that our wonderful NY state government has passed a law that auto clips can only be loaded with 7 rounds one might as well carry a wheel gun . Wheel guns are more dependable anyway . I'm thinking of buying a 410 Judge . I know it's a large handgun but at close range , wow .

Jack -

Is your CC License for "county" or is it valid throughout the State of NY? Does it expire/how long is license valid? Do you think with all the stupid crap being pushed through the legislative they will continue to issue license to you guys or go the way of IL with NO CARRY? I'm legal to carry in most states (I have multiple licenses) but NY, NJ, CT and MA I always have to unload and lock up ... when passing through :doh:

They sure don't get it ...

Don

hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

V-MAN wrote:
hogv8 wrote:I have several handguns both autos and wheel guns that I carry concealed now and then but now that our wonderful NY state government has passed a law that auto clips can only be loaded with 7 rounds one might as well carry a wheel gun . Wheel guns are more dependable anyway . I'm thinking of buying a 410 Judge . I know it's a large handgun but at close range , wow .

Jack -

Is your CC License for "county" or is it valid throughout the State of NY? Does it expire/how long is license valid? Do you think with all the stupid crap being pushed through the legislative they will continue to issue license to you guys or go the way of IL with NO CARRY? I'm legal to carry in most states (I have multiple licenses) but NY, NJ, CT and MA I always have to unload and lock up ... when passing through :doh:

Don

Don , my carry concealed permit is only for NY state and as far as I know it's forever unless these assholes come up with another new law . I know it's risky but I have carried in other states .
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

hogv8 wrote:
V-MAN wrote:

Jack -

Don

Don , my carry concealed permit is only for NY state and as far as I know it's forever unless these assholes come up with another new law . I know it's risky but I have carried in other states .
Jack -

That is great it is valid through the entire State ... NY will not issue an out of state permit and I hear even resident permits are VERY difficult to get. You should look into a non resident FL or UT permit ... with either one of those it would make you legal in a good part of the country. There will always be a couple States that just plain SUCK and could care less about our SECOND AMENDMENT rights and won't honor the permit ... but many more that do honor them! I have PA, FL and NH and I carry 99% of the time.

Don

hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

V-MAN wrote:
hogv8 wrote:
V-MAN wrote:

Jack -

Don

Jack -

That is great it is valid through the entire State ... NY will not issue an out of state permit and I hear even resident permits are VERY difficult to get. You should look into a non resident FL or UT permit ... with either one of those it would make you legal in a good part of the country. There will always be a couple States that just plain SUCK and could care less about our SECOND AMENDMENT rights and won't honor the permit ... but many more that do honor them! I have PA, FL and NH and I carry 99% of the time.

Don
Don , I forgot to mention that I can't carry in NY city . The main place where you would probably need a gun . Go figure .

I should apply for non resident or UT permit before it's too late to make me legal in other states I just haven't gotten around to it .

Jack
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

A lot of states are reciprocal States, Meaning they honor a concealed carry issued from another State. There is a list of states that participate somewhere online and MOST of the southern states are on that list. I never looked in to the northern states as i do not ride much up there very often.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

petitemoose wrote:A lot of states are reciprocal States, Meaning they honor a concealed carry issued from another State. There is a list of states that participate somewhere online and MOST of the southern states are on that list. I never looked in to the northern states as i do not ride much up there very often.

Here is a very good site, kept up to date well also. There are others out there but not always as fast to update ... so many updates recently. Our rights being stomped on more and more ...

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry ... _maps.html

The one I use on my iPhone so it's with me ALL the time is called Legal Heat - I highly reccomend it.

Ponch

Post by Ponch »

I have several guns long and short
My preferred cc is a ruger 480 with crimson trace
but I also have a Judge for the house
see ya bye
Ponch

Image...............................................Image
..Ft Myers, FL. 33905..............................................Springfield, IL. 62712
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Ponch , did you know they sell 410 buck shot ? Perfect for the Judge .
Ponch

Post by Ponch »

yes i have a 410 #4 buckshot followed by a hollow ptI also just pickedup a box of PDX410 with 4 plateddefence disc projectiles plus16 plattedBB's
see ya bye
Ponch

Image...............................................Image
..Ft Myers, FL. 33905..............................................Springfield, IL. 62712
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Thanks for the comments so far. Found this online, owners manuals for many guns manufactured except for S&W, their attorneys asked to have them removed.

http://stevespages.com/page7b.htm

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard