Ford 6.7

well-almost anything, wear your colors inside, we don't care.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
Tom

Ford 6.7

Post by Tom »

This was discussed a little in another thread and I don`t want to hijack that thread because I am very interested in hearing all about Steve`s new trike.
That said.... Ford has a new diesel engine... I know... first year is always the worst but I am really excited about this new engine after having gone through the factory training and got to take one apart and see first hand what they have built... REALLY addressed all the IH issues and looks great on the roll out. If you thought the new diesels with the piezeo injectors were quiet.. wait til you hear this one... I was standing near the left rear of one last week and from in the shop cold not hear it running. This thing will take tons of power from the aftermarket. The block for example is not caast iron... Pressed powdered metal alloy like a connecting rod in the crate motors we all love to run.... WAY too much to list here... Radical design, as the exhaust is no longer routed to the outside of the head and through a manifold before it gets to the turbo..Actually two turbos in a single housiing and it is cooled by coolant along with a liquid to air intercooler... The list goes on... Only draw back is all the crap the tree huggers force us to use for emissions but everyone is dealing with that.
I know this is a new book and the story has not been told but I think dodge and chevy better get on their game or there will be a new kid in town....
Els

Re: Ford 6.7

Post by Els »

Tom,

This is great news to me. In spite of 3 Chevy's in the driveway including one with a Duramax, I like the F Series Fords better to get the big job done. My Silverado is lifted and looks cool, but it's still a girl's truck to me compared to the FORD. My interior looks EXACTLY the same as a Tahoe or my wife's Denali. Underneath, not much different. It does ride nice but it's just not truck like enough.

As mentioned, I was going to wait on the new Scorpion 6.7 because all the pre-release hype sounded really good. The design is revolutionary and clean sheet. No more taking what International or Izuzu has used for years with some minor mods. I don't mind the wait though just to see if anything shakes out during real life useage versus the laboratory type testing Ford may have conducted. When customers start towing 5+ tons of boat, tractor, etc up and down hills, through heat, stop and go and on a scale of thousands, it is a better testimony to me that all is well and I won't be spending first year out there in service bays. That said, if all goes well, I'll have one of the new 6.7's in my driveway next year or early 2012.

I value your feedback more than anyone's considering your knowledge and where you spend much of your waking hours. By the time I'm ready, I'll bet you'll be able to give me some great feedback. As mentioned, nothing would give me more delight than writing a check to FORD instead of Gov't Motors. Seeing as how they (FORD) took no bailout money and still posted a sweet profit last quarter, they are to be admired and supported.

Thanks again for your 2 cents on this. Here's hoping ...

Els
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

I just maybe looking at the new 6.7L Truck is in shop now for HPO leak somewhere ... the wife has already given the go ahead, just hard to pull the trigger on 55K truck when I'd rather have another V8 ;) We'll see when it gets out of the shop, the new house is up and built and I'm all moved in ... we'll see! Can I get your Ford discount Tom :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

I will be leasing a new 2011 Ford f350 Lariat August 1st this year...I am really looking forward to it!!

The salesman almost wets his pants talkong about the new motor setup.

Tom gets a Ford discount?? hmmmmm
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham