Neighbors,,,,,

well-almost anything, wear your colors inside, we don't care.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Neighbors,,,,,

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

Just wondering how many of V-8 bikers have a wonderful neighbor like I do? We live in a sub division and the houses are not close, but it is a sub division. It’s a small town of less than 20,000 people. My garage faces my neighbor’s house. The man is a retired company man, and the wife is a retired school teacher. A company man is like the top dog on drilling rigs, their word goes. And school teachers we all know they got the last word in the classroom.
We moved in to our home 5 years ago and about 1 month after we moved in the neighbor drew first blood by calling the cops on my 14 year old son for playing his drums at a reasonable hour, he quits playing before 9 pm and he does not play every day or even every other day sometimes a week or more goes by without him playing. He does not play in the garage, he plays in our home. So the neighbor called the cops, Not by coming over to talk, but just calls the cops. Our Doors are shut, windows are shut when he plays, so it’s not like it was overly loud. He has called the cops numerous times. We have had the cops check the sound emitted with a decibel meter and it is not over the limit.
He went through the neighborhood trying to get other neighbors to sign a petition for us to stop having parties,,, it’s not like we have them all the time.
He called the cops one morning at 5:00am because our sons had some friends over and one of the little turds parked on the sidewalk. Cops came and asked whoever to move his car.
Then the bike,,, he really LOVES the hoss. I am home not very often, I got the bike in may 07 and I work out of the country, Korea for the past two years, 6 weeks there, five weeks not there and during my five weeks I am subject to work maybe two weeks anywhere but there, worldwide. When I get home I like to ride my hoss every chance I get. I work on it tweaking whatever, carb, ignition etc daytime if I do have to test run it, not at night. This last March my trans went out and it was not running till mid August. So I got home from Korea and my trans was at the shippers and the second day I was home I went to pick it up. 4 days later working on the bike everything was finally ready to start. 9pm and I was ready for it to run, I started it and was idling building temperature for not more than 5 minutes and the cops walk up,,, boy I was happy,,, I explained just what the deal was, and he said “I cannot tell you to not work on your bike” he also asked was I revving it up or just running it to pester him, I said no and he went on his merry way.
Well right after I arrived home this last korea trip in October I got a summons to appear at the local Justice of the peace as the prick filed a peace bond on me. We showed up, he stated his case, I spoke mine, of the numerous menial BS that he does, acted like I am the proverbial bad neighbor. Even one quote was that “I start the bike at all hours, and if you are threading a needle it could be dangerous”. States it prevents him from sleeping and he is tired of it. I got copies of the police reports I could get for the noise complaints, one at 6:45 in the evening of musical instruments being played. All reports show no verification of actual complaint.
I stated this then he said “we must be getting tipped off by the police that they are coming,” he he he . I stated “we have never been tipped off,” and I ask “why do you think they would tip us off that they are coming”, he stated “well we do employ police officers as security in our bar, correct?” We say “yes but we have never been tipped off about anything from the police.” Then he stated about the parking on the sidewalk at 5:00am, he was adamant they should have received a ticket for parking on the sidewalk,,, once again feeling we got slack because of the police employment at the bar. Basically the JP stated wife and I are being more than accommodating to this putz. When I get home I ride every chance I get. I work or piddle on the bike some days, checking throttle response or if carb is working correctly, never just to irritate him. And working on the bike, if testing motor, it is always in the afternoon and not at night.
At night I will start up and leave, usually the startup is with the garage door closed, open door, no warm up, then leave. We do return home late at night and when this occurs it is always just an idle up to the garage door, open door, pull in and kill it, nothing more. like I said at the start with the past jobs these neighbors held they had a voice of authority and expect it to still be active in their retirement, not so.
So,, am I the “bad neighbor” or what?

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
Tom

Re: Neighbors,,,,,

Post by Tom »

Darryl.... If I was you I`d potty train my dog to poop in his yard every night after lights out.
AR

Post by AR »

if i lived next to someone that owned a 502 I'd specifically request 11pm test runs up and down in front of the house..talk about boner material my wife would love you for it haha :lol:

he's a fugen asshole Darryl. we all got one.

pir.
Rizzer

Post by Rizzer »

gaston 2005 502 wrote:So,, am I the “bad neighbor” or what? Darryl
:shock: NEGATIVE :!:

:idea: If I wuzz in yur situation, I wud hairass the fuck out of this jerk, (.)< just "listening" to, and "tweaking", my V8 stereo, legally, of course !!! :D

:lol:
SaultSteMarieOntarioCanada
V8s R PRICELE$$ THERAPY
KISS

Post by KISS »

Oh shit! :shock: :o That horror story makes me understand how happy i must be w my neigbors! I live in one six floor high building in a mainstreet of Helsinki.My garage is below the building in the back yard (you can see my garage door in one pic below),so i need to drive my bikes and cars in and out through the yard. The whole garage is made of concrete,so it´s impossible to start BB w/o noice! When i started my BB down there for the first time the neigbor just above the garage asked what´s happening down there because our little dog is jumping on the floor while standing still! I asked them to check my bikes and explained what happens and they just think it´s cool and funny!So must all the hundreds of other neigbors of all ages think too because i have not heard a single complain (yet???). :oops:
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

The first day i got the Hoss and started it the first time,, in the afternoon evening,,, it didn't take ten seconds for the neighbor wife to run out and look,,, he he he. One night i left at 10:30pm on it, no warm up just start, back out of garage and turn down driveway,,, out she comes mouthing something as i could not hear her because of the bike you know,,, i turned it off,, she said "You wake everybody up",,, i thought for about 1 second and say,,, "Why don't you take up a petition,,, i hear your pretty good at it" she turns around and goes in,,, and i start back up and leave. heck i have even gone to starting it with the garage door down when i start at night. i do not try to be the real prick that i am,,,, sometimes,,,,

some people just are not content unless they are pissed about something,,,,,

John Wayne put it best in one of his movies and i remember,,, We gotta be neighbors,, but that don't mean i gotta be neighborly!!"

Darryl
Last edited by gaston 2005 502 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darryl Campbell
gaston 2005 502

[quote="KISS"]Oh shit! :shock: :o That horror story makes me understand how happy i must be w my neigbors! The whole garage is made of concrete,so it´s impossible to start BB w/o noice! When i started my BB down there for the first time the neigbor just above the garage asked what´s happening down there because our little dog is jumping on the floor while standing still!

He he he ,,, i can see it now,,,,

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
gaston 2005 502

PIrate Rob wrote:if i lived next to someone that owned a 502 I'd specifically request 11pm test runs up and down in front of the house..talk about boner material my wife would love you for it haha :lol:

he's a fugen asshole Darryl. we all got one.

pir.

He he he ,,,,,, i did not think i was being a complete asshole nieghbor,,,,

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
Boom Boom & Rockstar

Post by Boom Boom & Rockstar »

Let me tell you about our nightmare neighbor..I've lived here 9 years, she 2 years..typical welfare bitch..don't work, yells at her kids at 6am..had a dog that barked continuely but he's gone now..we push our trikes out when we go riding then start them and take off very slow don't the street..come home after a ride, doesn't matter what time..could be 5pm..and give her 20 minutes and the sheriff is here..she says we are riving our engines..guess what mine is a VTX with stock mufflers..I don't change mine because of her..last time 4 of us pulled in..2 bh my vtx and my girlfriends goldwing..here comes the cops..nasty female cop and another guy who has been here tons of times..the female cop keeps saying to Rock ," I don't understand what you are saying" Rock walked into the house..I almost went to jail that night..as most of you know Rock has a head injury and balance is bad and due to a broken jaw has a different speech..the cops that know us try to talk to her but the cops say she has a mental disorder and doesn't listen to anyone..this goes on all summer..sometimes just yells at us w/o the trikes..calls Rock a fukin, drunk retard..she came across at my daughter one time and Jodie said put the kid down and we'll settle this..Jodie and I both taught Karate for years..she has walked up and down the street to get a petition to get us out..no one would sign it and told her they have no problems w/us..after Paris rally Bill and Mary Detrich came home with us for couple days..10pm we came home..we pulled in and she kept screaming that I was a fat c--t and should get a real motorcycle , like a harley..the neighbors walked down and told her to shut up..really we don't try to rive the engines at all..one night she called and said Rock was throwing beer bottles in her yard..we have no beer in the house , cops came and her story changed ..have no idea what will happen next riding season..I might go to jail..Boom
gaston 2005 502

Dang,

sounds like you got the worst neighbor Boom Boom, can you get her phone number and post for me so we can put it on all calling list for all telemarkets in U.S. and overseas :D

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

When I first brought the Beast home, I was concerned about disturbing the "Hood". The first time I fired it up and headed out, they actually came out of the house to wave and check it out. We had a bad neighbor in Texas who actually murdered his father. He actually started stalking the BFly while I was deployed and he was awaiting trial out on bail. She actually had to run him out of the house with a gun once. All is goodness in the hood now though. Well armed and friendly.

EAGLE!!!!!
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
Puff

Post by Puff »

THAT DOES IT!!!
We HAVE to plan 2 new V 8 bike/trike rallies.......
Just a one-day rally each would make a statement!
One at Darryl's place and one at Rock & Boom's place!
I am serious! We all park in your driveways and drive
your friggin nuts neighbors further nuts!!!
We don't do anything stupid, just visiting, cooking,
socializing,.. in the yard, and we all have to start 'em up
at the exact same time when we are about to depart
for a ride. We can have a photoshoot with all the
toys, and let's get your neighbors in the pictures, or
at least invite them to be in the pictures.
With me being a teacher, I will handle the nutso
teacher neighbor. Who can handle her husband,
and who can handle Boom's schitzoid neighbor....???
What do you think about this, Darryl, Boom & Rock?

Puff
Bill Van Sant

EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

Let ME handle the Husband! Better yet, let me deal with the Federalies. Trust me, with 64 calls in a year by our Texas knucklehead, the law understands exactly what's going on. Sooner or later, all the crying Wolf will have the appropriate result.

EAGLE!!!!!
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

What is this neighbor things you speak of? I looked outside but can't find any.

I even drove down the road and looked but still nothing.

Shane
gaston 2005 502

Shane, if you look in your pictures very carefully,they might be hiding underneath that white stuff. What is that?

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

I was looking out the wrong window, I found neighbors out the back window :D

Shane
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

Wow looked out another window and these Neighbors are everywhere :shock:

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Alright smart Butt...but what IS all that white stuff?????
gaston 2005 502

Shane,

See next post.

Darryl
Last edited by gaston 2005 502 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darryl Campbell
gaston 2005 502

Shane,

it has been a long time since i have seen a red crested web footed lake loon,, no less that many in one sitting. you are truly a lucky man.

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

It's nice to be able to take a piss off your front porch without anyone else knowing about it. The only downside I can find with those pictures might be the resulting FROST BITE!!! Image
Redtro

Post by Redtro »