Nabbed by the California Highway Patrol...Kind Of...

road trips, adventures, hidden treasures?
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
The Mindless Philosopher

Nabbed by the California Highway Patrol...Kind Of...

Post by The Mindless Philosopher »

I wasn't paying attention and crossed the border from Arizona into California without a helmet. My passenger wasn't wearing a helmet, either. CHP lit me up as soon as I crossed! Oops!

I've been on that route a thousand times in a car over the past 20 years, so I didn't give it a second thought on the trike this afternoon. This was my first time crossing the state line on the trike in over a year since it was sitting in a torn-down, broken state since August 2017. I just wasn't thinking at all. Enjoying the wind too much.

FORTUNATELY, the officer wasn't out for blood! He probably thought I was a few cans short of a six pack, too? That, or maybe he had mercy on me because of my passenger? She said some pretty silly stuff, to be honest. I thought he might toss us both in the pokey!

It probably helped that I was already heading back toward Arizona via a freeway on-ramp that would have dumped me back onto the state line in a few thousand feet?

Whatever the reason, I'm grateful he didn't write us up! That would have cost a bloody fortune, even worse if the trike had been hauled away. I don't know if he would have done that though. He didn't say he would.

Anyhow, all's well. I'll use the ole noodle next time and avoid that particular overpass and exit, and keep my butt firmly planted in Arizona (or wear my helmet!)
V8Norm

Re: Nabbed by the California Highway Patrol...Kind Of...

Post by V8Norm »

Great outcome to what could have happened..

There are still a lot of good cops out there.

Merry Christmas
Norm
The Mindless Philosopher

Re: Nabbed by the California Highway Patrol...Kind Of...

Post by The Mindless Philosopher »

I'm late getting back to this one. Thank you, Norm!