Nevada Rides

road trips, adventures, hidden treasures?
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
BossHossMan

Nevada Rides

Post by BossHossMan »

I took a ride last weekend to Buck's Lake California. Lots of mountains and corners. It had to be done soon because it will be snowed in soon. After that it requires a tracked vehicle to get to the resort. Hey, it's all for sale for $1 million. 215 miles round trip and what a great ride.
IMG_1486.JPG
IMG_1490.JPG
This week end is Gerlach Nevada which is known for it's proximity to the Black Rock Desert and gateway town to the famous Burning Man event. Lunch will be at Bruno's Country Club (it's really a small restaurant and bar). We have to bring octane booster because the one gas station in town only sells 87 octane gas. 230 miles round trip on a two lane hwy through the high desert with very little traffic. Again a great ride.

Where are you going this weekend?
Last edited by BossHossMan on Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
BossHossMan

Re: Gerlach Nevada

Post by BossHossMan »

Today my ride was to coffee at the small town of Sutcliffe Nevada on the Paiute reservation on Pyramid Lake. 75 miles round trip. If you Zoom in on the picture through my windshield you will see the town.
Where did you go that was interesting?
IMG_0013.jpg
IMG_0015.jpg
BossHossMan

Re: Nevada Rides

Post by BossHossMan »

This Sunday is a ride to "Cold Springs Station" on Hwy 50 which is noted as the "Loneliest road in America". Good luck finding this place on the map. It's a 300 miles round trip so it will be an early start with the temperatures in the 30s so I will be wearing my heated gear. A couple of places on the road are a little dicey sometimes with shading so it can surprise you with a little black ice. I will let you know how it goes.

This turned out to be an awesome ride with excellent weather and great company. A little detour added about 50 miles to the ride but we got to see Sand Mountain and some hieroglyphics. You must be able to go at least 135 miles on a tank of gas because that is how far the gas stations are apart. No problem, I had 3 gallons left when I filled up again. I will definitely do this one again.
Cold Springs Station 2018 (2).jpg
Cold Springs Station 2018 (4).jpg
Cold Springs Station 2018  (2).JPG
Cold Springs Station 2018 (11).jpg
Last edited by BossHossMan on Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Re: Nevada Rides

Post by V8Bikers »

Sounds like some great rides! If I lived there would I would be joining you. :ridding:

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard