LaCrosse, WI 2014 V8 Rally

road trips, adventures, hidden treasures?
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
addicted08

LaCrosse, WI 2014 V8 Rally

Post by addicted08 »

Well, the 2014 Lacrosse V8 Rally is in the books. As usual a good time was had by all. Thanks to Grumpy and Jenny for taking care of the hotel and parking so that we can all be together in one spot!

Sunday evening Scott and Sara had all us early arrivals over for BBQ, which was awesome! Then Monday morning we got up and ready for a ride.

We had a great ride on a beautiful day.

We had great weather on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. The scenery around LaCrosse is gorgeous.
addicted08

Re: LaCrosse, WI 2014 V8 Rally

Post by addicted08 »

You may be surprised to see these next photos. There was a break down and it WAS NOT a V8! I know, it was quite a shock to us all. Sara's Harley was loosing parts as she drove. lol First her passenger seat and back rest then her muffler.
addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

Tuesday morning we are gearing up for another beautiful day and ride.

I didn't get nearly as many photos on Tuesday since I was not the passenger but the driver. However, when our ride took a strange turn I had to get some pictures. We were on our way back toward the hotel after lunch and it was getting cloudy. We knew there was a chance of rain in the afternoon so we were trying to get back before we got wet. Suddenly our nice paved road ended and there was gravel ahead of us. So we all made a U-Turn and found another road...that ended in gravel. It may have been miscommunication or it may have been the goal but Big Jim came up and talked to Scott for a minute, then Scott headed down the gravel road. Sue was just behind him so she followed. And I was behind Sue and since she was following, I followed. And so on and so on.
When we got back to the paved road we stopped to celebrate the fact that we were done with the gravel and that no one had crashed. Big Jim said that he told Scott that he should go a ways on the gravel to see if it would turn into pavement again and that we would all wait for him. Unfortunately Sue and I didn't hear that part of the conversation and so when Scott went we went and when we went everyone else went. Oh well, it's just part of the adventure. :D
addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

Wednesday was another beautiful day but there was rain forecast for the late afternoon. We headed out toward West Salem that day. This is near the Interstate and we drive by it every year. It just tickles me so I took a picture.
Here we all are out on a ride.

Again it was beautiful scenery.

There are some neat little towns that we ride through.

And interesting rest stops.

And beautiful roads.

I came down with a bad cold/flu so since Thursday was going to be rainy Ron and I decided to head home. I'm sure we missed out on loads of fun stuff Thursday at the hotel and a beautiful ride on Friday but I really needed to just go home and try to recuperate. I got some antibiotics and am recovering so I thought I would post these pictures. Hope to see you all there next year!
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Greats pics as always Deb! Looks like a good time despite the breakdown and weather. Thanks for posting and hope you feel better soon.

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Thanks Deb, hope you're feeling better. :)