Recommendations for Volusia County

road trips, adventures, hidden treasures?
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
Mark

Recommendations for Volusia County

Post by Mark »

Since the bike week 2014 is coming up shortly (well OK - not shortly - but I can't wait to attend bike week again)!

Let me start over, friends of mine are considering coming over for bike week 2014 and I am curious what your favorite destinations / rides are in and around volusia county?

Best regards

Mark
roadpop1

Re: Recommendations for Volusia County

Post by roadpop1 »

The Loop for sure..Saint Augustine ...Ponce Inlet...

stops to make...Ironhorse Saloon in Ormond Beach...the Daytona Track outside lots of vendors etc...on the last Wednesday Wild Bill puts on an
V8 Parade usually over 125 V8 Bikes includes going done Main Street
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Hi Mark,
here are some links to recommended rides around Volusia county. Looking forward to seeing you in March.

http://visitwestvolusia.com/scenic.cfm

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/1574/ ... Route.html

http://www.ormondscenicloopandtrail.com/

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Mark

Post by Mark »

Great Thanks, I have been to St. Augustine and Ponce Inlet and liked the places very much.

Also went to the Dixie Crossroads in Titusville and had fantastic Shrimps for dinner.

In October when my family and I revisited Florida, we went to DeBary and did a boat trip on the St. Johns River. That was great also.

Mark
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

It might be easier if you would list those places you have seen/been at Bike Week then we could make some suggestions based on that info.
Buck
Mark

Post by Mark »

I checked out most of the bikeweek related places like main street, destination daytona, boothill, speedway etc.. So the typical bikeweek places are somewhat known to me. However, I am not a native floridean and therefore unfamiliar with the surroundings and wider north florida area.

The places I mentioned below are pretty much all the places I visited. Forgot to mention Cap canaveral and Mount Doura though. This is it.

If you would start out in Daytona for a half or full day ride/roundtrip, where would you take your bike?

best regards

Mark
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Mark you have visited more places in Volusia county than I have and I live here - LOL! I was going to recommend a few state parks to see the manatees. Blue Springs is near by and don't forget the V8 gatherings(Billy's and Bakers). Bill and I live in DeLand so give us a call if you want to meet for a cold one. :capwin: (386) 985-0630

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Mark -

Some places I like to hit while I'm down for BikeWeek :

I always ride the loop at least two or three times, one of the best rides that are "local"

I always go down to New Smyrna (sp) to get one of the BEST hamburgers around at a small place called "The Breakers". They are right on the beach, nice place for a beer and burger. I've probably taken over 25 guys down there over the years! Anybody that goes loves it, give it a shot. If your going to be there in March you can ride along with me ... I'm sure I'll have others in tow.

If you time things right when you do the loop ride you can stop at a place called "Hulls". Hulls has awesome seafood and very fairly priced. They sit on "river side" of the Granada Bridge on the north side of the road.

Cabage Patch is always an interesting place to go ... try and go during the coleslaw wrestling or the bon fire.

I like to ride out to Mt Dora and that area

Lake Weir area also has some good riding around the various lakes.

Anyplace along the St Johns River is cool ... north of Palm Coast area.

Lots and lots of places and things to do. I try and stay away from the very crowded places as much as possible.

As mentioned above the Iron Horse is a great place to get incredible BBQ. It's a family that sets up inside the Iron Horse down by the stage ... I get there early to avoid parking issues.

Don

PS
It goes without saying that a visit to Billy and Phylis (Port Orange) to visit is one of the top places. They are very gracious hosts and you'll always find other hanging out to BS and hang out with!
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

Mark

Post by Mark »

Don,

thanks for information. Thats great stuff.

Mark