Ron's Blower Trike in Michigan

road trips, adventures, hidden treasures?
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
addicted08

Ron's Blower Trike in Michigan

Post by addicted08 »

Earlier this week we brought Ron's Blower Trike to Michigan and took it to Steve Morris Racing to get it straightened out. The guys assured us that we had come to the right place to get the motor and blower tuned properly. They even gave us a tour of their facility to show us the motors that they were currently working on. These aren't you grandma's volkswagon motor! Check them out...

This is one of the cars thats engine is being worked on.

They even did a double blower in this truck! :shock:

addicted08

Re: Ron's Blower Trike in Michigan

Post by addicted08 »

While the guys at Steve Morris Racing are working on straightening out Ron's Blower Trike we are taking my trike and exploring the west side of Michigan. We started out in Muskegon and stopped at the Visitor Info Center. Gorgeous building.

I absolutely loved this window above one of the doors at the Info Center.

We found some nice, curvy, tree lined roads to ride.

And found some roads leading to the water (Lake Michigan).

There were a lot of beautiful beaches.

And sand dunes everywhere.

There were also several lakes that we cruised around as well.

We spent the night north of Muskegon in Ludington, MI which is on Lake Michigan. There is a car ferry that takes people across the lake to Wisconsin. It's the SS Badger.

It's a 4 hour trip across the lake. Probably good that they have life boats.

Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Wow !! Who knew Michigan was so beautiful! Nice pics and narrative thanks!! When does Ron expect to get his trike back? What color tires will it be sporting?? :D

addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

It was getting dark in Ludington by the time we had supper and got a room. But I didn't think it was too dark to get some pictures of the light house there.

The next morning we went back out to the beach near the light house to get some pictures in the daylight. It was beautiful there.

Bird tracks in the sand.

We continued north from Ludington to Manistee and saw this light house.

This is a car ferry that is retired and now sits in a bay for tourists to tour.

Somewhere between Manistee and Frankfort further north was a scenic turnout. We stopped to see the view and I saw that there was a path and stairs leading up higher so of course I had to go check it out!

124 steps later I had an awesome view. Here are a couple of pics.

North of Frankfort is Betsie Point and this neat lighthouse.

We continued on up north to North Port on the Grand Traverse Bay then headed back to the south. We spent the night in Traverse City and when we left the next morning it was a mighty chilly 54 degrees. We saw a ton of orchards and vineyards.

It was a really beautiful trip. We are headed back to Muskegon to see how they are coming on the blower trike . They had told us that it would be finished either Friday or Saturday and Ron is anxious to get it back and test it out. I will keep you all posted...
addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

Iron Maiden wrote:Wow !! Who knew Michigan was so beautiful! Nice pics and narrative thanks!! When does Ron expect to get his trike back? What color tires will it be sporting?? :D

That is just what I thought! I had no idea Michigan was so beautiful. Ron is supposed to get his trike back Friday or Saturday. I don't know if he will put colored tires on it or not. I will try to get video to share of any test runs!
Dip Shit 434

Post by Dip Shit 434 »

Deb,
Sure are some great pictures, thanks for posting and the descriptions and ya'll be safe.

Darryl
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Deb,
great photos and commentary, that's some serious horsepower sitting in the shop. Makes a grown man drool just thinking about it!! Thanks for keeping us posted and looking forward to what they did on the trike.

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Thanks Deb
Gila

Post by Gila »

Wow Deb

Great job ,,, Thanks ,,, I need to start doing trips like that ,,, I put on big time miles ,,, but always headed somewhere ,,, need to be there by certain time ,,, I think I need to start trailering my bike and un-loading for rides like you guys do ,,, don't have to ride in snow and hail ,,,

Thanks Again ,,

Mike