LaCrosse, WI 2013

road trips, adventures, hidden treasures?
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
addicted08

LaCrosse, WI 2013

Post by addicted08 »

It is that time of year again. The V8 Rally in LaCrosse, Wisconsin is underway. Ron and I, Harold, Shane and Bill all got to the Days Inn hotel on French Island (part of LaCrosse) on Sunday. On Monday morning we got up and headed out to the parking lot to see what was happening and who all is here so far. We said out hellos and stood around and visited for a bit.

Then we saddled up to head out for a ride. We had 11 bikes and trikes on Monday.

Even though it was cloudy all day we didn't get rained on and had a really nice ride. The scenery around here is beautiful!

And of course we stopped for fuel...these V8's love their fuel.

Not everyone need fuel at the first stop so here they are waiting patiently for the others to fill up.

Then we were off again.

One of the bridges we crossed over. And the view from the bridge.

addicted08

Re: LaCrosse, WI 2013

Post by addicted08 »

This is one of the little towns we drove through.

This waterfall was in the town but I have no idea why or what it is for. It looked neat though.

More of the gorgeous scenery from our ride.

After the ride we went back to the hotel and visited in the parking lot. Grumpy and Jenny grilled up some meat and had a pasta salad and some different kinds of "chex mix" type munchies for us all. Thanks Grumpy and Jenny! :yourock:
I got the "Beard Brothers" to line up for a pic to show you what they look like right after a ride. :lol: This is Scott, Stretch and Shane.

A chair broke so the master mechanic Shane fixed it right up!

Big Jim and Dave from Chicago and Kip and his wife came in while we were all sitting around visiting. I had not seen Jim's blower bike before. It is pretty awesome!

addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

Today (Tuesday) we had another great day. A little sun, a little cloudy, nice temperatures, beautiful scenery and of course great friends to ride with.

One road we took had several Amish farms on it and I saw this youngster plowing a field...Amish style.

More beautiful riding...

addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

We stopped for a drink.

More of the beautiful scenery.

Stretch and Sue.

Scott and his son Max.

After the ride today there were several different ideas for supper so we kind of broke up into groups wanting the same type of food. Dale, Debbie, Ron, me, Shane, Harold and Bill all decided to go to LaCrescent, MN for supper. However, Bill had already loaded and tied down his bike because he has to leave early tomorrow morning. So he hitched a ride with Harold. :D

addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

I tried to get some videos of the guys doing burnouts but several of them were REALLY bouncy. Here is a link to the best one of the bunch. It is Scott and Stretch lighting em up.

http://s366.photobucket.com/user/driehm ... 0.mp4.html
Smoke'em

Post by Smoke'em »

Thanks for the pictures...I really love seeing what you see on the various road trips you take and appreciate you taking the time to upload them. Pete

"Speed costs money. How fast do you wanna go?"
addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

Wednesday started out a little wet but by 10 am was all dry and looking like maybe it wouldn't rain...so we went for a ride. We had about 30 bikes and trikes today and as usual Scott led us on a gorgeous ride. Here we are at the usual gas stop.

We did drive thru a little bit of rain today and so about half the group said "screw it, lets get lunch" and they turned around and went back to Rushford. The rest of us continued on and stopped at the next turn to wait when we realized some were missing. We didn't know that they had turned around!

We continued on our ride and met up with the others at a restaurant in Rushford.
I thought I would get some pics of the group and Barbie managed to photo bomb me! :lol:

We had a pretty good crowd.

We got back to the hotel and Grumpy and Jenny put out some munchies for everyone and Kevin from Canada made "beer-ritas". We all were sitting around visiting, drinking and eating when a "beer-rita" got spilled. Kevin and Mac thought that was pretty wasteful and they weren't gonna have that.

It started to rain so that is all the pictures I got today. But you can see that we are really having a good time!
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

Great pics. Thank you :)
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Thanks Deb.
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Great pics Deb, thanks for posting. Looks like a good time is being had by all!

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Dip Shit 434

Post by Dip Shit 434 »

Thanks for posting Deb and for the narration. I appreciate your time. Ya'll have fun!!

Darryl
addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

Here is a link to a video of Ron doing a burnout at Hansons. If you look closely you will see him flipping Geezer the bird. :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v ... ns_comment
addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

Wednesday night in the bar with the usual suspects.

Getting ready to roll Thursday morning.

Stopped at the Jail House for a drink.

Great photo op at the Jail House.

And then we get to Hanson's Hold Up and some of the guys just couldn't pull into the parking lot...they had to mark the road first. :lol:

In case you were wondering how Perv got his nick name this is how and where it all started.

Parked at Hanson's.

The owner of Hanson's came out with this enormous roll of fire crackers and asked if we wanted to see and hear 5000 fire crackers going off so naturally we said yes.

It made quite the mess.

addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

Hanging out after lunch at Hanson's enjoying the view and the people.

There was a couple of photographers at Hanson's taking pics and video of the bikes and trikes and one of them had this helicopter to film from above and even followed after some of the bikes.

Jenny's sone Garret and Scott's son Max both hitched a ride so they could watch the burnouts too.

On Thursday evening we went to the Bike Night at Rudy's Drive In.

This is Ron's wheel after doing several burnouts with a yellow tire.

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

Thanks for posting pics Deb, I think I took one or 2 pics all week. Got home after 500 mile ride about an hour ago. 1900 miles for the week.