Arizona in December

road trips, adventures, hidden treasures?
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
addicted08

Arizona in December

Post by addicted08 »

Ron (aka Perv) and I are in Tucson for a few weeks to escape the cold winter weather in Iowa. Seems we got out of Des Moines just in time. About a week after we left they got 12 inches of snow! Boy am I glad we missed that! So while we are in Tucson enjoying the sunshine and warmer than Iowa weather, we went for some rides. You just gotta love being able to ride in December when you are from the midwest. Doesn't look much like Christmas time here does it?

This is a cotton field that has been picked and a big bale of cotton sitting in front of the field.

Another picked cotton field.

This is the closest I want to get to snow this year.
addicted08

Re: Arizona in December

Post by addicted08 »

On one ride we took we came upon an Arizona State Trooper who had some cars pulled over off the road. He had us pull off too telling us that a wide load was coming up this road.

We sat and waited for almost 10 minutes. And finally this is what came up the road. He must have needed both lanes on some of the curves because he didn't seem that big.

It was a nice day and the road was curvy and scenic so all in all it wasn't too bad.

V8Bikers
Site Admin

Re: Arizona in December

Post by V8Bikers »

Deb,
Great photos and commentary as usual. We love Arizona and would like to move there one day (trying to convince the wife).
Appreciate the pics so we can live vicariously through you and Perv. What were the temps out there? :ridding:
Also, I have added a Destinations forum to the board. I will be moving threads like this over there to consolidate
rides in one location.
Thanks, Bill

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard