Ron and Deb are travelling again.

road trips, adventures, hidden treasures?
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
addicted08

Ron and Deb are travelling again.

Post by addicted08 »

Ron and I drove down to Stan's to check out the progress on Ron's V8 Chopper. Looks awesome don't you think? After checking out the trike we drove to Joplin, MO and hopped a flight to Sarasota to get the Honda out of storage and do some more exploring. TJY got Ron's hopes up that we might not have a Honda anymore when he posted the news about the wildfires in Florida. Tomorrow we will go see if our storage unit is still standing. I'll keep you all posted.
addicted08

Re: Ron and Deb are travelling again.

Post by addicted08 »

Right now, Ron and I are the only two Iowans in Florida who are miserable! Ron got the flu then gave it to me so now we are both sick! What a vacation. We did manage to ride a bit yesterday and finally saw some sites worth photographing.
Driving down the highway I noticed this fence. That is one tall fence, they must be trying to keep something might big in it.

We drove into Panama City yesterday. We went through the Historic Downtown and it was interesting.

We drove down to get next to the water and rest a bit.

That is some view, huh.
addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

They really are into boating and fishing around here!

As we drove west on Hwy 98 we were along the water. This picture shows the view to my left as we drove.

And these pics. show the view to my right. I guess if you are gonna build near the water you might as well build big!

Here is a pic of a bridge we crossed.

From Panama City we drove to Destin. I have never heard of Destin, FL but it is clearly a big vacation spot! Loads of signs directing you to the beaches and all these hotels.
addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

As we kept driving west on Hwy 98 it was getting toward evening and the temp was dropping. Then we saw this: :shock:
Damn! I thought it was snow at first. Then I realized it wasn't THAT cold. It is some seriously white sand. See how the trees are stripped in the first pic. I wonder if it is from a hurricane?
addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

Next we stumbled onto the Air Force Armament Museum. It was pretty cool.

That is all for now. Today we were rained in at Crestview, FL which might turn out to be a good thing, it should give Ron a chance to recover....I hope.
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Wildman, About the only thing that could make me feel
better right now is if my chopper was here and I could go
out and smoke up the countryside. :evil:

....Johnston, Iowa
addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

Hey Wildman, I've got a Kodak Play Touch. My parents got it for me for Christmas. It takes videos and still pics. It is a lot of fun!
addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

Today we drove through Mobile, AL. The first thing we came upon was the USS Alabama.

Downtown Mobile.

A tunnel just before getting into Mobile.

Just outside of Mobile there was a Mardi Gras Parade. The pics don't do the floats justice, they were awesome.
addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

Hey Wildman, That is too cool that seeing my pics got someone interested in that particular camera! I didn't know that you could see a difference in the quality so thanks for letting me know. I can't even tell a difference in quality from a regular TV to an HD TV so I definitely would not have been able to tell myself. Ron got a huge kick out of you posting a link for the Kodak Play Touch! He (and me too) is always amazed at you guys who put up links for things we have been talking about.

Almost home and we haven't died yet from this nasty bug.