Hiya,new member,in build of 3.9v8 rover trike

Welcome, Please introduce yourself to the members.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
Sonicone

Hiya,new member,in build of 3.9v8 rover trike

Post by Sonicone »

Hiya's,collected all my bits,3.9v8,zf4hp22 trans,r200 nissan independant rear,engineer on side and its time to build a chassis round the pile of neatly arranged parts in my shed.
Done a trike 30yrs ago that looked shithot but never woulda got legal,gotta stay under 840kgs to be a bike in nz.
Front rim is my biggest stumbling block to satisfy our legal folk,but mention v8trike to the manufacturers and they squirm,
I can get an avon chrome 200/55 r18 with a 79v rating(437kg)so i assume a wheel(1"axle,eg harley rear)with a 5.5"bead gap should be able to support that weight? Drives me a bit nuts because they are asking a question noone will answer lol.
Appreciate any help ,its going to be scaled up springer front end so at 45ish degrees it needs to be of round profile. Hope this hasnt been covered already,just starti g looking thru,cheers
Paul H

Re: Hiya,new member,in build of 3.9v8 rover trike

Post by Paul H »

5.5 bead??? Boss Hoss uses 4" bead,
If my memory serves me right. Avon
makes a trike only 18" front tire. A trike
front tire doesn't lean over like a 2 wheel
motorcycle does.

Paul H
Sonicone

Re: Hiya,new member,in build of 3.9v8 rover trike

Post by Sonicone »

Hiya,cheers for reply,with the rake and springer it does use the tread like a bike would,was that tyre an avon chrome 200/55 r18 79v seems to be the highest load rating i can find on a rear motorcycle tyre(79v=437kg rating)