Boss Hoss transmissions

Welcome, Please introduce yourself to the members.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
Randy69

Boss Hoss transmissions

Post by Randy69 »

:doh: I have a 2000 Boss Hoss with the 502 CI
I'm the 2 owner of this beast love it hate the BS Medco transmission I got 1000 miles last time I had it rebuilt
When I moved from New Hampshire to Oklahoma I stopped in Tennessee and dropped the transmission off to Jim who said they don't rebuild him anymore but he would rebuild it for me anyway since I made the trip he's the guy that designed and built them he did a great job however I guess the planetary gears couldn't handle it and exploded after thousand miles now I'm looking at the winters transmissions does anybody have any feedback on them other than what I read. I'm concerned about a warranty I don't want to spend thousands of dollars on the transmission that they claim is bulletproof and then explodes on me after a couple thousand miles.
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Re: Boss Hoss transmissions

Post by CanuckHoss »

This is definitely NOT in the right category..this is for introducing yourself.

Having said that..welcome aboard

AND I believe 100% that the Winter's is Bulletproof...Tom from Mountain tried to blow it up without luck hooked to a 502 ..as you are finding out a Nesco can be blown up in a short time especially behind a 502..if you drive the bike like the tranny is bulletproof.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham