Hi all

Welcome, Please introduce yourself to the members.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
Tonka

Hi all

Post by Tonka »

I've been lurking for awhile but I own one now so figure I better introduce myself. Hope you don't mind an oddball of sorts. I'm the new owner of a 2000 Kannon 502. I've always wanted one. As a matter of fact, my youngest son, by no coincidence, is named Kannon. He's 8 now. I live in Fort Worth Texas but I'm writing this evening from Burlington Ontario, just west of Toronto. I travel here frequently for work (does that help me fit in).
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Re: Hi all

Post by V8Bikers »

Hi Tonka -Welcome to the forum - you fit in perfect no matter what V8 you have or where you are posting from :thumbup:

I look forward to seeing some pics and reading your posts!

Bill

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Paul H

Post by Paul H »

Scott Hough, who built the Kannon V8 motorcycles,
used the first letter of one daughter's name and the
rest was his other daughter name.

Paul H
Tonka

Post by Tonka »

Thanks for the welcome. I'll post some pics...I've got plenty as this bike is a bit of a basket case and I've been doing a lot of learning, fixing, documenting.

Interesting info about the origination of the name. I can't wait to see the look on my sons face when I tell him he's not named after a motorcycle after all but instead two girls! Ha ha, he would disown me and abandon the name most likely. 8 year olds right...very gender specific and sensitive about it. I think I'll keep that info to myself but it is pretty cool history. Paul did you or do you know Scott? I've spoken to Stan a few times and intend to get up to Oklahoma to meet him one day.
Paul H

Post by Paul H »

Yes Sir, I know Scott well. We speak on the phone
now and then. I recently sold him some supercharger
pullys. We first knew each other after meeting
in Sturgis and then in Daytona back in the 90's.

Paul H