Hello from NC

Welcome, Please introduce yourself to the members.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
ProfJeff

Hello from NC

Post by ProfJeff »

Hello!
I am actively looking for a V8 Chopper and thought this would be a good place to look and learn. I am stepping up from a Yamaha Raider, so this is my first V8 purchase and from what I have read so far, not likely to be the only one. The other half would prefer a trike for her comfort but I am thinking some kind of custom seat for those times we truly ride together (less than 10% of the time) will get me what I want (the V8 and peace) and keep her happy (we all know the saying). My biggest surprise so far--a lot of talk about transmissions. Is that common or due to the difficulty of not burning big fat back tires on every ride?

I can't get to Sturgis (college prof, classes start next week or Biketoberfest due to my son's band contest), and I am hoping to land one before Bike Week 2017.

I look forward to learning and joining the club soon.

Jeff
petitemoose

Re: Hello from NC

Post by petitemoose »

Hey Jeff, Welcome to the Insanity! The transmission discussions you have been reading about are on the Boss Hoss 2 speed - 2 Wheel Bikes. For a very long time, that has been the weakest ( And most costly ) link on these wonderful machines. Thankfully, that issue has now been put to rest so we will have to dig up something else to complain about... Going to be a challenge because the new owners are crossing things off that list at a record pace! :)
The V8 Chopper Bikes use a single speed tranny and I have not heard any complaints about them breaking. ALL Trikes use Standard ( yet built ) Automotive trannys so there are no issues there until re-installation which is when you need to be REALLY sure they are aligned correctly.
I know there are a couple Boss Trikes for sale ( Big Block and small blocks ) but do not know of any V8 Chopper trikes up for grabs.
If there are, I am sure somebody will chime in ;)
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Great overview Petite and no my V8 Chopper trike is not for sale unless it is an offer I can't refuse ;)

WELCOME!!!

Oldun

Post by Oldun »

petitemoose wrote:Hey Jeff, Welcome to the Insanity! The transmission discussions you have been reading about are on the Boss Hoss 2 speed - 2 Wheel Bikes. For a very long time, that has been the weakest ( And most costly ) link on these wonderful machines. Thankfully, that issue has now been put to rest so we will have to dig up something else to complain about... Going to be a challenge because the new owners are crossing things off that list at a record pace! :)
The V8 Chopper Bikes use a single speed tranny and I have not heard any complaints about them breaking. ALL Trikes use Standard ( yet built ) Automotive trannys so there are no issues there until re-installation which is when you need to be REALLY sure they are aligned correctly.
I know there are a couple Boss Trikes for sale ( Big Block and small blocks ) but do not know of any V8 Chopper trikes up for grabs.
If there are, I am sure somebody will chime in ;)
Welcome! and exactly, what 'e said. We wish you joy of ownership.
My 100-proof woman
A bottle of 95-proof whiskey
A tank of 90-proof gas
And 502ci of V8 bike
:ridding:
Orlando606VetteTrike

Post by Orlando606VetteTrike »

2008 606 Corvette Trike
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Welcome ProffJeff - here is the link on this site for a the V8 Chopper listed above....
http://www.v8bikers.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3099

I also know that Stan from V8Choppers has this bike and is trying to sell it while in Stugis. The number is: 918-542-8832

Good luck in your search and hope to see you riding one soon!

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard