Checking in and diggin for info...

Welcome, Please introduce yourself to the members.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
FRISCO67

Checking in and diggin for info...

Post by FRISCO67 »

Nice site ya'll got here, really dig the brute HP of a V8 chopper, what can I say but they are all :badtothebone:

I don't have one nor do I see having one in my near future but I am hoping someone on here can help me.
I just picked up an old FXR style frame made by Tripoli Manufacturing out of Red deer Alberta (owner Kevin Starke: deceased 1995) and one of your members by the name Ric : members profile here> http://www.v8bikers.com/memberlist.php? ... file&u=265

He stated he used to work for them and I was wondering if someone knows how to get hold of him. I would like to find out a little more info on this frame as it has some markings #s painted on and he may know what these are like registable #s and also if maybe they sold them in Canada through other dealers or just through Sumax back in the early to mid '90s.
Thanks in advance if anyone can help.
Cheers~Kim
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Re: Checking in and diggin for info...

Post by Iron Maiden »

Hello Kim and welcome to the forum. :welcome: Unfortunately Ric has passed away :bawling: but I am sure there are plenty of other members that are on this forum that can help you out. :siterock:

FRISCO67

Post by FRISCO67 »

Thanks Iron Maiden, sad to hear that but I suspected that since he hadn't been on here since 2014 and stopped posting that suddenly.
If anyone else on here worked there I would be interested to hear from them it would be interesting to hear any stories of Kevin Starke & company.
Thanks~Kim
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

I missed this a month ago. I live an hour from redDeer. Own a shop here.

I have heard of that frame in passing but other than that not much. That was 20 years ago and things disappear easily.

If I find any info I will let you know.

Generally in Canada with custom stuff like that it would have a "blue tag" on the frame.....actually blue with a Govt assigned serial number...not necessarily 17 digits..hope that bit of info helps.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham