Hello, my name is Jim... and I'm an alcoholic.. NOT!

Welcome, Please introduce yourself to the members.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
Hanginon

Hello, my name is Jim... and I'm an alcoholic.. NOT!

Post by Hanginon »

However, I am a V8aholic and always have been.. as a previous veteran member of the "other site", I am happy to see that one more like what I remember 9 years ago has surfaced... all I can say is ... "it's about time and sorry I missed the inception". Also sorry I missed the get together for 2015 Bikeweek!! Man, sounds like it was a blast... we went, but took the Heritage and not the Hoss. Leesburg is right around the corner so hope to see some of the crew there this year. Anyway, I won't ramble.. those who knew or know me from the "other site", Hello to you again and I hope we renew a good past into a new and better future! Always willing to help the technically challenged and enjoy seeing the brainstorming of true V8 bike owners in action. Will post pictures of our rides as soon as I figure out the format here.. until then, looking forward to good chats and great brotherhood/sisterhood. :group_hug:

Peace,
Jim & my wonderful wife Lori
"It ain't over till the secondaries open"!!!
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Re: Hello, my name is Jim... and I'm an alcoholic.. NOT!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Welcome Jim!! I heard a little about you and sounds like you will bring some technical expertise to this site!! Hopefully I will get a chance to me you and your wonderful wife,Lori, in Leesburg! :welcome:

tjy

Post by tjy »

:welcome: To my old Friend Jim, I'm glad you found this site and surfaced. You will find a lot of old members that were on the tea board. There are a lot of interesting topics but not a lot of bashing other members. A bunch of us get together to ride to eat, especially in Deland, palm Coast, Astor. For instance We were meeting wed. nite at the Wing house on ISB east of 95, Daytona B. all u can eat! Again Welcome aboard again Jim!

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Glad you found your way here :) Pretty sure you will find lots to entertain yourself with! There are currently four Builds going on. All are going to be spectacular when finished. We are currently awaiting the videos of one N A S T Y bike's first "breath" of life. Another's Resurrection from the "dead" ( Site Owners Bike "Organ Donor" ) Followed by two trikes in the near future... I hope.
I will try and make it out to Leesburg on Saturday. May be riding Solo, May be riding two up just depends on what Life has in store for me that weekend. As the time draws closer, more definite plans will be made I am sure.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

Another Ranger owner on board.
I was over on the other site, as the former owner said, "mining his site for "my" site, and read Jim's posts. I "invited" him here. We all know that you can't be on two boards simultaneously. :roll:
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
Hanginon

Post by Hanginon »

:hello: Hi there and thanks for the welcoming, Lori and I appreciate it and hope to contribute with what we have experienced over the years and enjoy sharing as well as learning. Group knowledge is a wonderful asset.

We are hoping to make Leesburg as well but it will depend on our plans to visit our folks that weekend. May only be one day available but either way, we will definitely look forward to meeting you and your husband real soon! I've enjoyed conversing with him as well.

Again, thank you for welcoming us and ride safe always,

Jim & Lori

((Great avatar by the way!))
Iron Maiden wrote:Welcome Jim!! I heard a little about you and sounds like you will bring some technical expertise to this site!! Hopefully I will get a chance to me you and your wonderful wife,Lori, in Leesburg! :welcome:
Hanginon

Post by Hanginon »

My old friend Tom, it's been a long time! Thank you for the welcoming!! Lori and I are looking forward to seeing you as well and spending some time together riding and sharing some great places to eat!! Wednesday night could work depending on the flow of the day for Lori. I will put it on the calendar.

It is sad what happened to the Tea board as you put it lol, but I guess that's how things go sometimes.. it was sad to see but this is GREAT to see!! And as we get older.. it WONDERFUL to be able to see at all!! LOL. We also know a great wing place in Eustis and here in Deland that you may know. Wings always work for us!

Till soon, you have my # so feel free to call anytime Tom. Beautiful new trike you have and I'm glad you did that for yourself after all you've been through my friend. I'm sure Jackie wouldn't mind riding on the back of that one with ya!! Man, I miss that guy.... anyway, stay well!

Jim and Lori
tjy wrote::welcome: To my old Friend Jim, I'm glad you found this site and surfaced. You will find a lot of old members that were on the tea board. There are a lot of interesting topics but not a lot of bashing other members. A bunch of us get together to ride to eat, especially in Deland, palm Coast, Astor. For instance We were meeting wed. nite at the Wing house on ISB east of 95, Daytona B. all u can eat! Again Welcome aboard again Jim!
Hanginon

Post by Hanginon »

Petitemoose & Carl Lafong,

Thanks for the welcoming!!! Yes Petite, I'll be watching the builds in progress so thank you for bringing that to my attention!! Lot to read and catch up on here so it may take a while but hoping to blend in somewhere at some point. As Tom knows, I'm easy going and non controversial unless someone either troubles my wife or knocks over my bike. lol Otherwise, I'll keep it holstered. :mrgreen:

Carl, a big thanks to you for holding up the street sign to this site... I read the posts about your "mining" situation... I wanted to ask.. did you find any gold during that experience... or supposed experience? lol. You know, an old timer once told me that "competition is good for the soul", and I live by that and always have, so the way I see it is if they are that concerned about someone undermining that site, perhaps it is time to see WHY? As most of us know though, the blame usually seems to get diverted from the real source BY the source. So pay it no mind, throttle up and roll on.

Again, thank you and we look forward to meeting everyone with the bikers passion. We are a "judgment free" zone of a couple so "peace" lives here.

Jim & Lori
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Jim -

Welcome to the site, looking forward to see the mods you made on Jim's old bike. Sorry we missed you during BW, didn't matter you were on the HD ... I rode my Beemer a couple days. I'll only speak for myself but my opinion is ALL bikes are good!

Now hurry and get the pics up huh?!

Don
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

Hanginon

Post by Hanginon »

Hey Don! Thanks for the welcome! I totally agree with your statement about "all bikes are ok with me" as I feel exactly the same way.. it's all about the "experience" and the people, not just the bike. I do wish I had caught up with you all but next time we'll be looking to do just that! I will definitely post the mods to Jim's old bike.. I spoke with him today as a matter of fact.. he is a genuine guy and I like those kind of people. He's been helpful on some things I could not see but wanted to know about internally and it was great to get the bikes history.. helps with my outlook on it. I enjoy creating things so who knows what may happen here! :popcorn: Stay tuned! Have gone through the bike with a fine tooth comb as to know I've touched most every bolt and overlooked everything possible for safety sake.... I'm all about that as I don't every want to feel the pavement "again". Once was enough.

Looking forward to meeting you and that is one beautiful trike you have! As are so many I see here.. Looking forward to seeing it in person. Be good Don and thanks again!

Jim
V-MAN wrote:Jim -

Welcome to the site, looking forward to see the mods you made on Jim's old bike. Sorry we missed you during BW, didn't matter you were on the HD ... I rode my Beemer a couple days. I'll only speak for myself but my opinion is ALL bikes are good!

Now hurry and get the pics up huh?!

Don
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

:popcorn: :popcorn:

as Don said...hurry with the pics of you and your ride....Please
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

I'd like to compare notes on the Ranger swap just to see how someone else tackled the problems
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/