Welcome, Please introduce yourself to the members.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
Steven3472

Post by Steven3472 »

I'm new to trikes. I will be building my own V8 powered trike and have plans for it all drawn up but will need some advice on the rear suspension setup and the front angles as I would like this to be a nice daily driver and not just a show queen. I will be using a gm 350 based engine and turbo 350 trans. For the rear I'm thinking of a ford 9in. I wont be starting this project for about 8 months as I am currently stationed in South Korea in the Army. When I get back to the states I'll be retired from active duty and then going to school and have time on my hands. Although I am considering trying to build the basic frame out here. Any advice that I can get would be helpful thanks.

VR
SPC Steven deGroot
Email: steven.d.degroot.mil@mail.mil
US Army
GordonBH

Re: New Member

Post by GordonBH »

Hi there,

Welcome to the site, you'll get a bunch of help here with your trike. A good bunch of guys 'n gals here.
Gordon from England
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

welcome- a bunch of folks with a Boss Hoss trike have switched over to the GM 700r4 trannie with great results. I understand that it is about 1.5" longer than the turboglide. Since you are in the planning stages why not get the stats on this trannie and figure it in. The Ford 9" rear is the hot rodders favorite but finding a 2.47 or 2.50 ring and pinion which are great for everyday use, will be a bitch.
Buck
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

:welcome: to the forum! To help you with some ideas, here are links to other trike builds that others are pursuing:

http://www.v8bikers.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2039

http://www.v8bikers.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2133

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

:welcome: can't wait to watch the progress. :popcorn: