Checking in

Welcome, Please introduce yourself to the members.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
V8TrikeGonnaBe

Checking in

Post by V8TrikeGonnaBe »

:usa: From the Northeast. When I was about 15 I sketched out a V8 trike that I wanted to build. I ran across those drawings a few years ago but still have not made the build. i'm getting old enough now that i better $hit or get off the pot if I'm ever going to git 'er done. Maybe it'll help if I "hang out" with like minded folks. I'll be around.
petitemoose

Re: Checking in

Post by petitemoose »

Welcome to the Obsession! For some Inspiration May I suggest you search for the term . " Burnout" LoL
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
V8TrikeGonnaBe

Post by V8TrikeGonnaBe »

LOL - searching :goodidea: and thanks for the welcome. 8-)
Obsession huh... :hmmmm: sounds about right
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

It could also be described as a disease ... but that infers it is something not desired which is extremely inaccurate 8-)
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
V8TrikeGonnaBe

Post by V8TrikeGonnaBe »

If it's a disease, I've had it for next to 50 years and it hasn't killed me yet. Probably because I have not tried to cure it...
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

Will you change your screen name if you build it???
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
V8TrikeGonnaBe

Post by V8TrikeGonnaBe »

but of course !!!

Update - ok, good thought :idea: slight change sure makes it sound better.
Last edited by V8TrikeGonnaBe on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

:welcome: :usa: from a V8triker to a V8trikerwannabee!

Good question Carl
Carl La Fong wrote:Will you change your screen name if you build it???

V8TrikeGonnaBe

Post by V8TrikeGonnaBe »

Thanks all - here I am thinking, I've got a perfectly screwed up :evil: (long story, really sore point) '91 Vette out back that has a perfectly good :doh: L-98 and tranny installed. Along with that I've got a rear end, some wheels that could be cleaned up and other miscellaneous parts. I wonder what I could make out of all of that? What do you guys use for a chassis? :hmmmm: Who do I know that can weld a bit? Oh $hit, the wheels are turning...
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Check out this thread in "Tech" 3 Wheeler progress
http://www.v8bikers.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2039

V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

First, welcome to the forum! As for the frame/chassis, I believe many who build their own from scratch mock up the engine/tranny/rear end and build a frame around it. Have you considered metal or aluminum, thickness, neck rake/trail, etc? Here is a link to a thread on someone wanting to build his own as well:
http://www.v8bikers.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2133

Good luck and btw you don't have to use a $ for the s in shit - were pretty open here. 8-)

Also, I grew up in North Haven and my wife is from Branford. We lived in Wolcott for several years then moved to Fl in 1990.

Bill

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

I would keep my eyes open for an early clutch bike. They come up for sale pretty often for 8 to 10K. Sell the engine and trans to recoup some of your money. Stick your Vette engine and trans in it. Narrow the half shafts, the strut rods and the spring. Fab up new control arms or a 4 link setup. Extend the frame back to make a carrier for the diff. You're practically there.
Unless you're too stove up to ride a two wheeler or you're just a trike guy, try to get yourself a ride on a bike. You might just like it. Hell, Squirm is about 85 or so, and he has two V8 bikes :D
V8TrikeGonnaBe

Post by V8TrikeGonnaBe »

Mother Nature threw me a curve early on. Truth is a deuce is not in the cards any longer. Had a sporty set up with a '68 motor and '79 frame at one time. Was able to operate the shifter with a rocker lever and the brake actuator moved a bit but it was all mounted on the right side. My left side doesn't work as well as needed for these types of controls any longer so it's on to the trike world. Not whining, not crying, just the facts man. Shit happens. :dizzy:

Funny you should mention Florida, we are making an exploratory trip down there later this summer. It is time to kiss the snow goodbye and get the fuck out of this state.

I like the idea :idea: of laying out a frame using local hardware store materials first. Ah, who am I kidding, I would be miles ahead to find a ready built frame and simply build it up from that. Thoughts?

I like the link and the bit of a slap in the face about "never saw a finished product yet". :capwin:
V8TrikeGonnaBe

Post by V8TrikeGonnaBe »

Iron Maiden wrote:Check out this thread in "Tech" 3 Wheeler progress
http://www.v8bikers.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2039
For the Iron Maiden, thanks for the thread. There are some great pics there to go along with the build.
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

V8TrikeGonnaBe

Post by V8TrikeGonnaBe »

Nice !!!
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

What about this 75% done cool unit...CHEAP ENOUGH!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Built-Mo ... otorcycles
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
V8TrikeGonnaBe

Post by V8TrikeGonnaBe »

It's a great looking project that appears to have been salted on several web sites though it might go a bit cheaper on ebay than craigslist. Thanks for the link. :thanks:
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

I like how you changed "Wannabee" to "Gonnabee"

We are in Central Fl. Let us know when you come down, maybe we can meet up for lunch, etc. :capwin:

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
V8TrikeGonnaBe

Post by V8TrikeGonnaBe »

I took a wag at your location from your whatchamacallit under your avatar. You're about 30 minutes from where we will probably be starting out excursion so a meet & great is certainly a possibility. Timing is not set at this point and depends on when my better half gets some time off. We should know pretty soon and I'll touch base when we know more.

Yep, a tiny little change can make for a completely different outlook sometimes. :doh:
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

CanuckHoss wrote:What about this 75% done cool unit...CHEAP ENOUGH!!

Brilliant Minds Think Alike! ... Same Scoot :)

Tampa isn't that far from me so If you decide to pull the trigger, I can retrieve the Bike for you and store it for a LITTLE while ( a month or so ... not a year LoL ) Until you come down and Pick it up. But don't let me be an enabler or anything ;)
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

petitemoose wrote:
CanuckHoss wrote:What about this 75% done cool unit...CHEAP ENOUGH!!

Brilliant Minds Think Alike! ... Same Scoot :)

Tampa isn't that far from me so If you decide to pull the trigger, I can retrieve the Bike for you and store it for a LITTLE while ( a month or so ... not a year LoL ) Until you come down and Pick it up. But don't let me be an enabler or anything ;)
Dont want to be a downer Dennis...but as my dad once pointed out when I made that statement about my mom and I thinking of the same brilliant thing at the same time.."So do 2 Stupid Ones"!!
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
V8TrikeGonnaBe

Post by V8TrikeGonnaBe »

Stupid Minds, Devious Minds, Brilliant Minds - sometimes it's hard to tell which is which. :?:

Dennis - if I pull the trigger I would not impose on you to store the chassis for any length of time though I might ask for some help with finding a local storage unit that could serve as a parking place for a bit. :thanks:

I have to admit that I had no clue that things could/would move this fast. Damn, am I ready to pull the trigger? I have to resolve some issues on this end of the country before I can. Things like, are we going to move, where to work on it (no garage), little things like these. :ohthedrama:
mdwdvm

Post by mdwdvm »

V8TrikeGonnaBe wrote: I have to admit that I had no clue that things could/would move this fast. Damn, am I ready to pull the trigger? I have to resolve some issues on this end of the country before I can. Things like, are we going to move, where to work on it (no garage), little things like these. :ohthedrama:
And another one bites the dust............. :anvil:
Mike Wallace - Watertown, MN
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

V8TrikeGonnaBe wrote:

I like the link and the bit of a slap in the face about "never saw a finished product yet". :capwin:
Well, it's been a year since we've heard from Ratrodney. Yet another homebuild added to the pile of shattered dreams