Welcome, Please introduce yourself to the members.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
roscobbc

Post by roscobbc »

:england: Hi fella's - just 'dipping mu foot in water' here. Based in UK and a lifetime devotee of anything with V8 power. Always has been cars, and generally detroit muscle. Currently own a '68 Vette with a mild 528 bhp & 565 ft/lb 489 cu in. The thought of 4 or 500 horse power on two wheels and the power to weight ratio with a kerb weight of less than third of a car facinates me. Like the idea of a V8 Choppers ride :thumbup:
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Re: New member

Post by Iron Maiden »

:welcome: sounds like you will fit in just fine here. The ride of a V8 bike is both amazing and addicting. You will find a lot of information here and will meet a lot of GREAT folks. There is an event called Pullman City held in Germany more details are in the "Events" topic. A few v8's are planning on attending hopefully you will be able to join in on the fun. :capwin:

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

roscobbc wrote::england: Hi fella's - just 'dipping mu foot in water' here. Based in UK and a lifetime devotee of anything with V8 power. Always has been cars, and generally detroit muscle. Currently own a '68 Vette with a mild 528 bhp & 565 ft/lb 489 cu in. The thought of 4 or 500 horse power on two wheels and the power to weight ratio with a kerb weight of less than third of a car facinates me. Like the idea of a V8 Choppers ride :thumbup:
Welcome aboard.

I have a friend who is selling his 2004 Boss Hoss with a $25,000 motor in it (434 ci aluminum racing engine. Holley Commander Multi port FI. 28 mpg at under 70mph. 529 crank hp, with paperwork. 550 lbs torque, 500 @ 3000 rpm)...not bad specs hey??. Would make that vette look like you shut the motor off...lol..Bike is priced right and the good news is Gordon and I could help you get it there.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
roscobbc

Post by roscobbc »

Thanks for 'heads up' - I'm probably going to 'tread water' here for a while before making any choices - more inclined towards the idea of the V8 Chopper than Boss Hoss - having said that there does seem to be a large number of Boss Hoss owners on here!
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

There are more Boss Hoss owners here because there are more Boss Hosses. That doesn't mean that they are the best it just means they are more available.
Both Brands have their Loyalists but at the end of the day they are both well built machines that have pro's and con's.
Through the pages of this forum you will be able to find out about each and every flaw, changed design,issue and resolution for such. Don't be afraid to resurrect pages from years ago as some may enjoy reliving the memories.
No matter what you decide on, you will have support and advice available here from those that have forged their knowledge from experience.
You have the Pullman City Run coming up soon in Germany. If you can swing it, that would be the very first step I would take as you will be able to learn from those that have imported them what will be required mechanically and financially.
Enjoy your journey but I feel the need to warn you ... Do NOT ride one until you are ready to buy one. Once you twist that throttle and she comes to life, you WILL be hooked!
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Swiss V8

Post by Swiss V8 »

Hi roscobbc,

Great to have you here!

As mentioned before, try to be at the International Boss Hoss meeting at Pullman City at Hasselfelde Germany. The only backdraw there is, that now you wont find a place to stay easy. Most rooms around the event are booked nearly one year in advance.

There you shurely would get a good view over what is on the streets in Europe V8-bike wise.
In Germany and most of Europe V8 Choppers usually are not approved.

Take your time to find the ride that fits your dreams!
Martin

BHRA President Europe
roscobbc

Post by roscobbc »

I would guess the best way to import one would be as a 'used' model - perhaps partly getting over type approvals. I know that when new non Harley based 'ordinary' chops are built in UK or imported in there are a few people around who will put on legally compliant 'temporary' exhaust system, lights, mirrors and registration plates for initial aprovals and then after three years for annual government tests.
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

Hi Rosco,

Petitemoose is spot on- you never forget your first ride and if you buy a Boss Hoss with the zz4 engine it's pure early muscle car time. A great sound.

Test riding is an issue here as the nearest dealers are in the Netherlands although Andy in Germany rules Europe. Also the EU prices are steep. I bought mine in Canada and imported it and MSVA prepped it myself (with the invaluable help of forummers here).

You don't see many, if any, V8 choppers for sale and the Bosses are very very few and usually older models. I set myself a minimum of 2speed 2006+ with carb. If you do get more serious ping me, I'd be delighted to help.
Gordon from England
roscobbc

Post by roscobbc »

Thanks for your response and kind offer of help Gordon!
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

Hi Rosco,

You're welcome, if you do go ahead then we may meet up and I can drool over your 68 'Vette.
Gordon
Gordon from England