I should have had a V8, wait I do have a V8

Welcome, Please introduce yourself to the members.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
smb0704rp

I should have had a V8, wait I do have a V8

Post by smb0704rp »

Hello fellow V8'ers from the little state of New Hampshire in the US. Due to health issues I am forced to sell my Harley Ultraclassic and give up two wheels in favor of three. My Harley was a special ride and so isn't the trike I've recently acquired.

Just picked me up a home made trike with a hipo 350 corvette motor. It's 90%m complete and I'm looking for someone to help me get her 100% by Spring. The body is hand fabricated using the side fenders of a Ford Ranger Splash. It should wind up looking like the Boss Hoss Sierra.

I look forward to meeting all of you and will be looking this way for some advisse as I complete my ride. I'll attach a starting point here (if I can).

Best regards,
Rick
petitemoose

Re: I should have had a V8, wait I do have a V8

Post by petitemoose »

Welcome to the Insanity!
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Hi Rick,
Welcome to the site! It sounds like an interesting trike you have bought. Please post what needs to be done to complete it, chances are we will be able to help you out. There are many knowledgable members to assist you.
Would be curious to see some photos. To do pics:

- click edit at the bottom of the post window
- near the bottom of that page you will see a "browse" box
- select the pic you want from your computer, click "add the file" near the browse box and "submit"

If you want to send it to me @ need4speed@cfl.rr.com and I'll put it in for you.

Bill

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
v8 billy

Post by v8 billy »

Welcome!!!!!!
.................Image

.....................................Image
smb0704rp

Post by smb0704rp »

thanks for the warm welcome.

here are some pics of the beast. i just bought it this way and need to finish it up.

i plan on mounting a stretched harley gas tank on it to be only used as a dash board and asthetics of course.

it needs wiring or a painless wiring harness installed. i dont know if they sell them for something like this, anybody????

i will be mounting a 7" harley headlight and light bar in front.

i'm looking to move the radiator from the rear to the front. i havent had much luck finding a small radiator to do a sbc yet. any ideas? i did find a mustang radiator for a v8 - not sure if id be ok with that or not.

i will be cutting a hard tonneau cover for the back bed area.

it has the side running boards fabricated but those panels along with the rest of the body need finish glass work.

i want to change the exhaust from going out the back now to different headers that go through the running boards,l run along the boards and go into the body and turn and dump out in front of the rear wheels. my challenge here will be the dimension of the opening in running boards verses the headers. you can see it in the pic that shows the left side close up where the brake pedal is.

i want to also close in the rear wheel openings some - and increase the tire size. im shooting for maybe 20" rims and tires. the current wheel opening is bigger than the tires and id like both the rear and front of the tired to be closed in more.

and it'll need some other minor things to complete her.

i am located in NH and an disabled, so if anybody knows someone fairly close that wants to do this over the winter that would be great.

the trike is 90% done and needs mainly finish stuff.

again thanks for the welcome and let me know your thoughts

rick
Attachments
0924131233.jpg
0924131228b.jpg
0902131432a.jpg
$T2eC16NHJHYFFkKKHbzmBRdHu2ZPKw~~60_3.jpg
$T2eC16NHJIIE9qTYI12jBRdDwS2Ibg~~60_3.jpg
$T2eC16RHJF8FFplrhV56BRdHu3hpcQ~~60_3.jpg
$T2eC16ZHJGMFFomOwUNHBRdH)Od7PQ~~60_3.jpg
$T2eC16ZHJFsFFSIpEKpYBRdDwSwjQQ~~60_3.jpg
0924131230a.jpg
0924131228b.jpg
$T2eC16ZHJHkFFluiW-q5BRdH)Ond,!~~60_3.jpg
0924131230c.jpg
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Rick,

looks like you have a solid foundation to start with. You are right about it being similar to the Sierra. As for the radiator,
www.rondavisradiators.com has many styles and sizes to choose from. Also, a salvage yard might have one in good condition and cosmetically acceptable for being in the front.

Make sure you measure first between the back of the fender and the front of the rad. Many Boss guys (myself included) have had them make contact and dent/chip the paint while being strapped down to tow. I would contact painless with all the trike specs and what you want to add from this point and see if they can come up with a harness for you.

A few questions:

- How much HP?
- What tranny and rear end?

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
LutherCraig

Post by LutherCraig »

smb0704rp wrote:Hello fellow V8'ers from the little state of New Hampshire in the US. Due to health issues I am forced to sell my Harley Ultraclassic and give up two wheels in favor of three. My Harley was a special ride and so isn't the trike I've recently acquired.

Just picked me up a home made trike with a hipo 350 corvette motor. It's 90%m complete and I'm looking for someone to help me get her 100% by Spring. The body is hand fabricated using the side fenders of a Ford Ranger Splash. It should wind up looking like the Boss Hoss Sierra.

I look forward to meeting all of you and will be looking this way for some advisse as I complete my ride. I'll attach a starting point here (if I can).

Best regards,
Rick
Harley is awesome ride.. It is sad you need to sold it out..I have got Harley and it is special bike for me.
LutherCraig

Post by LutherCraig »

LutherCraig wrote:
smb0704rp wrote:Hello fellow V8'ers from the little state of New Hampshire in the US. Due to health issues I am forced to sell my Harley Ultraclassic and give up two wheels in favor of three. My Harley was a special ride and so isn't the trike I've recently acquired.

Just picked me up a home made trike with a hipo 350 peimar solar. It's 90%m complete and I'm looking for someone to help me get her 100% by Spring. The body is hand fabricated using the side fenders of a Ford Ranger Splash. It should wind up looking like the Boss Hoss Sierra.

Best regards,
Rick
Harley is awesome ride.. It is sad you need to sold it out..I have got Harley and it is special bike for me.