Newbie in England - looking to buy an SB

Welcome, Please introduce yourself to the members.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
GordonBH

Newbie in England - looking to buy an SB

Post by GordonBH »

Hi All,

Getting an inheritance and promised my old Dad I'd spend it on some power before I was too old - ridden HDs mostly so what else? A Boss Hoss - whatelse!

Seeking to buy in US/Can and shipping it back to England, passing the dreaded type approval test and roaring off down the road until I can't ride any more. I've ridden an LS2 425 and it was awesome!

I'm aiming for a 350 385 SB 2002-06 (2sp+Rev, gussetted frame and carbed). Low miles would be good and an upgraded trans would be best. Screen and backrest too. I just love that motor sound.

Any tips welcome - especially tips on how to buy safely (it's a lot of my bucks passing through hands) - I see escrow is popular - not used in the UK that I've seen.

Safe riding,
Gordon from England (actually a Scottish exile) :thanks:
Last edited by GordonBH on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gordon from England
Buck
$ite $upporter

Re: Newbie in England - looking to buy an SB

Post by Buck »

get up with Barry Radu at Destination Cycles in Canada he is a BH dealer and also deals in quite a few used BH bikes and trikes.
http://www.destinationcycles.com/

Buck
petitemoose

Re: Newbie in England - looking to buy an SB

Post by petitemoose »

Also watch the Classified ads. Bikes come up every once and again and are usually from well known members of the forums.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...