Lower Air Dam

private party ads only.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
petitemoose

Lower Air Dam

Post by petitemoose »

I Need to replace The Lower Air Dam for my 2005 SB. The Hole on the Left Side that the Fog Light Mounts through cracked off allowing the light to dangle down and get its face all scratched up while going down the road. I could Use Washers and friction mount the light again, but that isn't a fix. I could repair the existing one but welding Aluminum reduces strength by 30% and it is obviously too weak as it is.

I tried finding one on eBay ... No Luck. Went to BH Concepts web site ... No Luck. Mountain's Web site ... No Luck. Chopper City Web Site ... No Luck. Never saw one in Mike Kelly's display cabinets so its doubtful he has one and I have not called Curtis Yet.

It is simple and small enough that I could probably have a local shop fab one out of polished SS easily enough. Just seeing if anyone knows of one that's available
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Imzz4

Re: Lower Air Dam

Post by Imzz4 »

I may have one.I'll look tomorrow.
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

I thought MaRV sells one where the lights mount in the front face of the air dam instead of on each end like most ?
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

It is shitty that Marv is out of the accessory business as he did a great job.

I was thinking I wanted one of these for my SB I have here too..damn
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

CanuckHoss wrote:It is shitty that Marv is out of the accessory business as he did a great job.

I was thinking I wanted one of these for my SB I have here too..damn
I think it would be relatively simple to modify a stock air dam to run lights in the face of a air dam . Of course it would require cutting holes , mounting lights and either chromeing , painting or powder coating .
Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

I found it . Its an aluminum one that I suppose MBH put on my 98 ZZ4 before I bought the bike. I won't be needing it . It needs polished . How's $25 sound?
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Imzz4 wrote:I found it . Its an aluminum one that I suppose MBH put on my 98 ZZ4 before I bought the bike. I won't be needing it . It needs polished . How's $25 sound?
Sounds like I need to send you $25 :) PM me where / how you want me to get it to you
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Ron Radulski

Post by Ron Radulski »

Dennis, I have a chrome plated steel one from my 2008 ZZ4 350 Sierra Truck Trike that I took off about 5 years ago. Triker/Ron
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Mountain had new ones on the 2018 units at Biketoberfest...might be worth a call.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham