Arnott Air Shocks

private party ads only.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
Imzz4

Arnott Air Shocks

Post by Imzz4 »

I just listed the Arnott air shocks I've had here for some time on Ebay. For those who may be interested,http://www.ebay.com/itm/142337172566?ss ... 1558.l2649
I couldn't use them on my trike because of the Jag rear end, and because the tech at Arnott gave me the wrong information.
Attachments
DSC01355.JPG
knockdolian

Re: Arnott Air Shocks

Post by knockdolian »

They look nice. Do these replace the coilovers. Do they need a compressor ? Sorry if that sounds a daft question but I am interested in making the back seat more comfortable for the wife and dont know anything about theas.
Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

Hi Paul, I'm not familiar with the stock set up at all, other than seeing some pictures. These were on a BH trike before i got them. I think it was a 2003 . He ended up having the radiator moved back behind the rear end and I guess thats what brought about the changes in his case. I recall he had them around 75 psi and they rode fine. I see no reason why you need a compressor on your trike. I filled these from my compressor in the garage when I first installed them. There's others here on the site than can really give you better info on their " ride feel "with air suspension. I'd value their opinions too.
knockdolian

Post by knockdolian »

Thanks, any idea what the post to UK would be ?
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

knockdolian wrote:They look nice. Do these replace the coilovers. Do they need a compressor ? Sorry if that sounds a daft question but I am interested in making the back seat more comfortable for the wife and dont know anything about theas.
If you are not getting comfortable ride with the stock shocks then 100% they are set wrong...or you have that stupid ass rebound shock still on instead of straps or a strap...OR something wrong with the stock shocks which I have not seen
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Paul H

Post by Paul H »

Barry, do you agree with me that
one strap "should" do the job???
I don't think one will offset the
suspension, do you???

Paul H
knockdolian

Post by knockdolian »

Barry, what can I do ? I have moved the sprins from the lie down position to the upright position. Got rid of the extra dampers. Fitted the straps. Changed springs from 220 to 180lbs and had the seat re upholstered with a gel pad. I find it very comfortable but the wife doesn't. I have an old GL1100 with air shocks which she is very comfortable on the back of. It was just a thought and I was interested to find out how good the air shocks are.,just trying to keep the wife happy .
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

knockdolian wrote:Barry, what can I do ? I have moved the sprins from the lie down position to the upright position. Got rid of the extra dampers. Fitted the straps. Changed springs from 220 to 180lbs and had the seat re upholstered with a gel pad. I find it very comfortable but the wife doesn't. I have an old GL1100 with air shocks which she is very comfortable on the back of. It was just a thought and I was interested to find out how good the air shocks are.,just trying to keep the wife happy .
I know we chatted and I forgot you did all that...if you CANNOT move the body of the trike up and down a bit by pressing on a fender quite hard then the spring rate is too high. Since that was a conversion I believe those might NOT be Boss Hoss stock shocks otherwise the ride should be able to be adjusted.

Lets check this first...How many turns / threads are the shocks turned up?

My wife broke / compression fracture her back in 8 places loosing 2 inches in the process and spent 3 months bedridden and 3 months with a walker and that ended just over a year ago. 2 weeks ago she was riding with me in Florida on my "Cadillac" riding coupe trike...stock shocks set properly.

here is that stock shock listed with Boss Hoss price is each

6770100A-1 Shock, Assy. Trike Ea w/220# Spring rate P/C spring / Set includes: 1 - Shock P/N 6770110, 1 - Spring P/N 6770120-1 EA $258.33
CanuckHoss

knockdolian

Post by knockdolian »

Thanks Barry, my shocks are the stock BH ones. I've changed the springs from 220lb to 180lb and I find it very comfortable. The wife doesn't. I had just joined the forum when your wife was recovering. Glad all is well now. Guess them Canadian women are more resilient than the weak Somerset ones !!
The
Adjuster rings are as far down as they can go. I was interested in the air shocks because with the air and rebound being adjustable it would offer more bounce so to speak. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has fitted air shocks and what they thought.
Thanks
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

knockdolian wrote:Thanks Barry, my shocks are the stock BH ones. I've changed the springs from 220lb to 180lb and I find it very comfortable. The wife doesn't. I had just joined the forum when your wife was recovering. Glad all is well now. Guess them Canadian women are more resilient than the weak Somerset ones !!
The
Adjuster rings are as far down as they can go. I was interested in the air shocks because with the air and rebound being adjustable it would offer more bounce so to speak. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has fitted air shocks and what they thought.
Thanks
If you can't bounce the trike body up and down a bit now AND the springs are set as soft as they can be then the spring rate is too high...that is the only other reason I can think of.

I have made at least 8 or 10 of these things ride like Cadillacs and 3 of them I took off the Legends airride and went to stock shocks.

Good luck my friend
CanuckHoss