2004 Big Block For Sale

private party ads only.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
Conrad

2004 Big Block For Sale

Post by Conrad »

SOLD!!!!!!!
Don't ask why because I don't know the answer. :doh:

I woke up this morning and just decided it's time for something new and different. Nothing wrong with it and really haven't lost interest, just a change. I've owned it since new and it may be the longest I have owned anything. You guys know the bike but please PM and I'll give you my number for any questions. Here is the Craigslist link:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/mcy/6060757992.html
Conrad
Last edited by Conrad on Fri May 05, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wild Bill

Re: 2004 Big Block For Sale

Post by Wild Bill »

End of an era!

I remember you searching feverishly for a big block when you unexpectedly sold the small block at Bike Week.

Good Luck with the sale!

Bill
"A true hotrodder wouldn't be content until he had created a vehicle so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

I was surfing on the "other" site, and seen Conrad was selling...What is the world coming to? Be hard to top some of Conrads displays of horsepower!! Good luck to all involved...
phpBB [video]
Orlando606VetteTrike

Post by Orlando606VetteTrike »

Gorgeous machine. It will sell fast. :-)
2008 606 Corvette Trike
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

orlando502 wrote:Gorgeous machine. It will sell fast. :-)

Maybe upgrade time????
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Thanks to the forum members for their interest in the bike and my "well being". Julie and I will be in Daytona but will be flying in instead of trailering due to time restrictions related to family commitments, dog sitters, etc. Thus, we will not have the BH with us. I certainly don't mind bringing it if I had a solid offer but without that a 4400 mile round trip is just not in the cards. I am flexible with delivery options upon sale but just would not want to spend 6 driving days round trip for nothing.

As a side note, i had expected the usual number of scams and PayPal crooks (which I got) but I thought many of you might enjoy this one.....I had a person text over two days with perfect grammar and appropriate questions about the BH. They obviously had done a lot of homework as the questions were rather specific such as Blue Seas fuse box replacement. He/She obviously had looked at one of our forums to get this information. After about 15 texts over two days the inevitable text came "I have decided to buy it at our agreed price, please send me your PayPal information for the money transfer". When I required a phone conversation which was repeatedly ignored I never heard from him again. My point of mentioning all of this is that the scammers have really become sophisticated and willing to do a lot of work to complete their mission so beware. At one point I thought it may have been one of you guys toying with me. Although it sounds like something I might do . I will post on the other site as well.

Bike is still up for sale:http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/mcy/6060757992.html
Last edited by Conrad on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Conrad..it is a goofy fucking world we live in for sure.

Even here at the shop, in person, someone will make an offer on a bike. We then phone the owner and get his Ok..Then the buyer says I will be back by the end of the day with a deposit or Bank Draft in full..hold the bike!!......only to never see their sorry asses again...unbelievable society we live in today..

Best of luck and you obviously know how to make sure you get paid..
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Paul H

Post by Paul H »

Barry, they're called "BE BACKS". At least that's
what we called them at a dealership I worked at.

Paul H
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

"Buyers Remorse" has a chance to set in once the starry eyed buyer moves away from the object of their affection, and really thinks about how much they're about to spend. Craigslist will introduce you to a bunch of them.
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Conrad wrote:Don't ask why because I don't know the answer. :doh:

I woke up this morning and just decided it's time for something new and different. Nothing wrong with it and really haven't lost interest, just a change. I've owned it since new and it may be the longest I have owned anything. You guys know the bike but please PM and I'll give you my number for any questions. Here is the Craigslist link:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/mcy/6060757992.html
Conrad
Bump for AZ Bikeweek
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

CanuckHoss wrote:Conrad..it is a goofy fucking world we live in for sure.

Even here at the shop, in person, someone will make an offer on a bike. We then phone the owner and get his Ok..Then the buyer says I will be back by the end of the day with a deposit or Bank Draft in full..hold the bike!!......only to never see their sorry asses again...unbelievable society we live in today..

Best of luck and you obviously know how to make sure you get paid..
When i sell bikes I try real hard to get a deposit right then. Most buyers get a taste of buyers remorse once they leave the sale site, its an expensive toy, the wife, etc. Many times before I talked to much I would ask, "if you like the bike could you buy it right now" depending on the answer I would take different routes. I sold almost 30 V8 Choppers and I had fun and learned many things. If they leave without a deposit the sale will most likely not happen.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Bike is SOLD! Thanks to all of you that had an interest in the bike and my sanity. Not sure what my next project will be but I just bought a Challenger Hellcat yesterday to keep my spirits up. It really had nothing to do with the sale of the BH as I had been looking for one the last few months now that the prices have come down to a reasonable level for my checkbook. I bought the HC in Seattle and drove it 2000 miles home to Phx. What a machine!
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

Congrats :yourwelcome: where did your bike go to?
We talked at Tim&Marys BBQ about it..,.....
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Bike will be making it's way across the pond to you!