Replaced King Cobra H4 Halogen Headlight with LED

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
The Mindless Philosopher

Replaced King Cobra H4 Halogen Headlight with LED

Post by The Mindless Philosopher »

This weekend, I replaced my aftermarket King Cobra headlight assembly's H4 halogen low/high beam bulb with a Xenotoo 2023 Upgraded H4 LED.

As advertised, it was a direct plug-in replacement with no issues regarding the slightly increased length (about 1/4 inch longer than the original bulb). I made sure to not touch the LED surfaces or the metal prongs and to orient the light so that the LED's faced outward at 3 and 9 o'clock. I have not been out on a night ride yet, so I cannot report on the beam spreads or distances, but I could immediately tell that the white LED's are brighter and more intense than on the slightly yellow-hued King Cobra bulb. The unit is claimed to be 3x brighter than halogen, but I have no way to verify that. It is plenty noticeable in bright daylight on high and low beam.

The best part is, the bulb cost' only $39 on Amazon. There are lower priced ones (down to around $8) that have glowing reviews, but in this case, I figured you get what you pay for, and I was not in the market for one of the fancier $200-$500 clock face style replacements like what you see on newer bikes. Maybe some day? For now, this does the trick.
Attachments
New Headlight Installed.jpg
Headlight Replacement.jpg