Volts

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
hogv8

Volts

Post by hogv8 »

My Boss Hoss has been parked in my garage for the past couple of months because of eye surgery I had done . I started it the other day and noticed that the volt meter was only reading about 12 volts while running where it has always showed about 14 volts while running . I checked the belt tension and it was fine . Any ideas why it would only show 12 volts and not 14 as usual . Battery is new a couple of months ago and it showed 14 volts after installed .

Thanks Jack
HOGV8
hogv8

Re: Volts

Post by hogv8 »

This morning I checked the voltage of the battery and it showed a little over 14 volts and I checked the output right at the alternator and it checked little over 14 volts also but the amp gage still shows this time 13 volts . So I think all is well but I will keep and eye on it the next time I ride it .
rocketsteve

Post by rocketsteve »

Do you use a "Battery Tender/Charger" Jack?

Optimate keeps my battery good when not riding.
To test a man's character, give him (Hoss) power.
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

No but I do have a charger with a 3 amp mode that I occasionally use but the 925 Oddyssey seems to not lose it's charge if the bike is not ridden for a period of time .
Lmbrier

Post by Lmbrier »

jack, i have had gage/console illumination issues which sometimes can be resolved by insuring a good ground. Lincoln
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Thanks Lincoln.