HT leads

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
knockdolian

HT leads

Post by knockdolian »

Hi all, would anybody have a part number for a SB set of HT leads. I’ve bought a set off eBay but they are different lengths to what was originally on the bike ?
Thanks
Paul H

Re: HT leads

Post by Paul H »

Here we go with English being different from our
English... Just what are HT leads in your English???
We here in the States don't know that term...

Paul H
knockdolian

Post by knockdolian »

Ha, thanks Paul. I didn’t know they were called that in US. The leads from distributor to spark plug. I’m hoping now distributor and plugs are the same :capwin:
rocketsteve

Post by rocketsteve »

Been thinking about doing the same Paul, all my leads are marked "1" to "8" so they can be removed and lined up in a single row then total length measured for a trip to my local Motor Factor.
I think (and hope!) we can get a single length of High Performance lead then cut them to size along with 16 new caps for the ends...
To test a man's character, give him (Hoss) power.
knockdolian

Post by knockdolian »

rocketsteve wrote:Been thinking about doing the same Paul, all my leads are marked "1" to "8" so they can be removed and lined up in a single row then total length measured for a trip to my local Motor Factor.
I think (and hope!) we can get a single length of High Performance lead then cut them to size along with 16 new caps for the ends...
Hi Steve, let me know how you get on with that. The only kit I found was stupid expensive. I’ve bought a set but have fitted billet cable guides so the two rear leads are a bit short
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

In your case, it would best to buy a universal set that you can cut to your specific application. Some come with a crimping tool but they are usually not the best. I would buy/rent the proper tool or have a shop do the actual crimping for the best outcome. We call them spark plug wires.

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
knockdolian

Post by knockdolian »

:goodidea:
V8Bikers wrote:In your case, it would best to buy a universal set that you can cut to your specific application. Some come with a crimping tool but they are usually not the best. I would buy/rent the proper tool or have a shop do the actual crimping for the best outcome. We call them spark plug wires.
Thanks Bill, I put the new leads on the other day and spun up the back wheel. Not been able to go that since I’ve owned the trike so was definitely losing some sparks somewhere :thumbup:
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

I like Tim Siron wires , expensive but top quality .
Puff

Post by Puff »

I have a set of Tim Siron's spark plug wires
on my bike. It "woke the bike up" ! :ridding:
Bill Van Sant

rocketsteve

Post by rocketsteve »

I found a place in the Midlands that will do all the bits for just over £200.

I'll email you the info once I've sorted it all out.

Your wheel spinning is good to see and hope it's the solution to mine refusing to light-up!
To test a man's character, give him (Hoss) power.