Ride on tire sealer/balancer

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
hogv8

Ride on tire sealer/balancer

Post by hogv8 »

Has anyone tried Ride on tire sealer/ balancer?
Last edited by hogv8 on Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
hogv8

Re: Ride on tire sealer/balancer

Post by hogv8 »

OK , since there's no response I'll tel you my experience . I bought a new rear Metezler 260 -18 and the bike shop that mounted the rear tire swore by this Ride on sealer/ balancer so I decided why not and had them put the product in my rear tire . So far it works great as a balancer but the sealer remains to be seen . The reviews I've read sound pretty good so now I 'm thinking of having it put in my new Metezler front tire when I have it mounted . I've heard some of these sealer products are messy when dismounting a tire but that remains to be see also .However It does give me some comfidence that if I pick up a nail/screw or something the sealer may work which also remains to be seen .
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

I corrected the name of th I s product . It is Ride on sealer/balancer not Ride safe .
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

I tried that stuff once and wouldn't use it again. Sounds good but when I unmounted the tire for replacement the stuff inside was a slimy wet mess that didn't look like it would ever stop a puncture. I wouldn't trust it to work. I'll stick with lead weights for balancing.
2009 350/385 MBH bike
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Sonny wrote:I tried that stuff once and wouldn't use it again. Sounds good but when I unmounted the tire for replacement the stuff inside was a slimy wet mess that didn't look like it would ever stop a puncture. I wouldn't trust it to work. I'll stick with lead weights for balancing.
I agree that some products like Slime or that Fix a flat or others can be messy and may not work but the reviews I've read on Ride on are all 5 star reviews . If it provides a good balance and seals a nail hole enough to get me home that's all I care about . If it's messy for the tire changer hopefully I can return to the dealer who installed it and let him deal with the mess . Time will tell .
V8Norm

Post by V8Norm »

I tried Ride on. I seemed to work ok for balancing. When I replaced my from tire the second time after using it, the dude showed me some of the metal inside my rim had some bubbles. He installed the new tire and install ride on for the second time. about 1000 miles later I started to loose air. then a lot of air. I removed the rim and brought it back to the same place. He found 8 leaks under the water. when he removed the tire my rim was eaten up. the rim was shot. I had to buy a new front rim. I will never use ride on ever again.
Norm