2005 spider gears

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
Imzz4

2005 spider gears

Post by Imzz4 »

I'm working on a friends 05 trike that came in for a wobble at 50-55. That turned out to be a rear end alignment adjustment and its fine now even with the steering damper removed.
While riding it , any time its under load there is a pretty significant vibration felt everywhere. I found the rear axle end play to be .100' ls, and .075 rs. Upon removing the C clips and spider gears , they are getting replaced. I see its a 7.5" rear 28 splines, and BH has welded 8.8" brake backing flanges to the housing. What year and model "Ford car" to you call it when trying to find the outer axle seals and bearings ? The seal is marked 12001 . Thanks !
Grand Canard

Re: 2005 spider gears

Post by Grand Canard »

You can call the Boss Hoss factory and ask for Justin in parts.
(731) 286-4915

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

Thanks, you know, I didn't even think of that . Thats pretty bad ! My Napa man found them from my seal number and o.d. of the axle. They'll be here in the morning ,but I forget what they came up as in car model. He said the bearings are made by Fisher in Germany and are of very high quality..
Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

The new gears and bearings only helped the vibration slightly. He's gonna bring it back next month to align the hiem joints and universal. Once the body is off , we can see whats going on . Just from an eyeball, it looks like the tail of the transmission could be lowered.
I did talk with Bill at the factory .thanks Bill !