LS3 throttle

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
BeefcakeBiker

LS3 throttle

Post by BeefcakeBiker »

I wonder if anyone else here has had this problem:

I find maneuvering on crawling speed very challenging when having to make tight turns since no matter how carefully I try to twist the throttle it either revs up too much or it stays on idle. It's like there's a couple hundred rpm gap between the idle and the next throttle position.

On "normal" bikes with clutch you don't have this problem, but trying to control my Boss Hoss only with the rear brake when the engine jumps a couple of hundred rpms is a bastard.

The previous owner had the cam upgraded and I'm suspecting that he didn't have the ecm re-programmed, so the engine is getting more juice than it thinks it's getting and that's why it's a bit jumpy. Otherwise it runs great though.

I don't have tools nor shed and not much skills or experience to work on that myself; anyone know where in Houston or southern Texas in general I could go to get the bike fine tuned and get rid of this problem?
- Coca-Cola cowboy -
2009 Boss Hoss LS3 Super Sport
:burnout:
502wingman

Re: LS3 throttle

Post by 502wingman »

Look for Brian Macy in Arizona. He knows how to reflash the ECM for the Boss Hoss and he might help you as an individual. He used to be a member here but got into an argument with the factory a while ago and disappeared from the szene...
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
Orlando606VetteTrike

Post by Orlando606VetteTrike »

Mark Tudor
Technical Services
801 S Sycamore Street
Syracuse, Indiana 46567
(574) 457-4004 Ext 124
mark@technicalservicesin.com

They do the Boss Hoss ECM flashes for the Factory. I just sent out a 2009 LS3 ECM that had the cam kit. The upgrade was an improvement. It wasn't perfect, but much better. Cost with shipping was $400.
2008 606 Corvette Trike
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

502wingman wrote:Look for Brian Macy in Arizona. He knows how to reflash the ECM for the Boss Hoss and he might help you as an individual. He used to be a member here but got into an argument with the factory a while ago and disappeared from the szene...
Brian was getting a Tuner...a Canadian who I know, to help him. This Canadian has tuned a few Boss Hosses very successfully..he knows his shit!! He does not work with Brian anymore...As far as I know he gets throttle response to feel like a carb.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

If your ride has a GM ECU, then Ryan's Performance located in Lake Charles, Louisiana can definitely get you sorted, Ryan is a whiz with GM ECU tuning. He has a chassis dyno, performs tuning, installs turbo's etc, does all of the stuff that speed shops typically do; nice guy.

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
BeefcakeBiker

Post by BeefcakeBiker »

Thanks for the tips fellas!
Especially Grand Canard; that Ryan's Performance is just about 3 hour ride from my place, so I'll definitely give him a call! Thanks man!
- Coca-Cola cowboy -
2009 Boss Hoss LS3 Super Sport
:burnout: